Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, GSCO
Hunted
Saskatchewan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, 30 US states and counting
This V/C 500 nitro express shoots and handles very well and if it doesn't sell, I would be happy to keep it. No issues...just some honest wear, which makes it more attractive in my opinion. It opens and closes so smoothly and has the best feel of numerous doubles I own. I just had it at an event yesterday with some African PHs and the smooth action was commented on by everyone along with the qualities of the round body action and the triggers. It has also been reviewed by JJ Perodeau who got it setup for shooting with a red dot for me. No extra work was needed by JJ as it is in excellent working condition. I have the Trijicon 1 MOA red dot (new) and adapter mount included in the sale along with quality snap caps and the V/C hard case. Barrels are 25" and in excellent bore condition with a flip up larger bead for the front sight. LOP is 15" to first trigger and 14" to second trigger. Recoil pad is in good condition. Zero mechanical issues or concerns with this gun. It's a proper working double and needs nothing besides your practice time with it. Weight unloaded is 11.4 pounds, which is proper for a 500 nitro express and it balances in the hands very well. $13,500 shipped to your FFL.

Not included but available to the buyer are dies, lots of brass, premium factory ammo, premium bullets, etc to keep it running with your own reloads. These items will be sold separately AFTER giving the gun buyer first right of refusal on the ammo and components. I have several recipes for reduced loads as well.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 4.17.20 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 4.23.19 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 4.17.04 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 4.09.02 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 4.08.50 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 4.09.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 4.08.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 4.16.46 PM.png
IMG_6640.JPG
IMG_6639.JPG
targets.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an early target from load development to show the regulation. Bottom 2 shots are from a different rifle. Target shows 6 pairs (12 shots) fired at 40 yards standing from sticks with iron sights.
Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 1.56.20 PM copy.png

Awesome rifle. A beauty. I didn't figure this would last long. Another year of pinching pennies and I'll be the guy to jump on a deal like this.

Thanks for the compliments. I should mention that I’m not looking for trades on this one.

Whoa .. yeah!
The replacement cost alone on this VC today would be ...

I’m just happy you didn’t offer that to trade. Does it have color case hardening. I can’t tell

Everything starts to look the same after a while .. but Verney-Carron, still makes the finest looking double, imo.
Agreed, something about those round bodies.

Beautiful rifle. I love the round body. One can dream!

Question on double rifle forends and stocks from an uninformed neophyte: Do modern manufacturers make new rifles with splinter style forends? I know I've seen them on older vintages, but most modern doubles I see have the heftier beavertail forend.

I assume the beavertail is used for practical purposes (to add weight and provide a bit more purchase for heavier-recoiling cartridges). But aesthetically I prefer splinter forends and straight English style stocks (vs. pistol grip) like one sees on traditional SxS shotguns. Do any modern manufacturers make a double rifle with a round body action, splinter forend, and English style stock? Or would that be too light and completely impractical and uncomfortable on a double rifle chambered in anything > 9.3x74 or .375 flanged?

Whoa .. yeah!
The replacement cost alone on this VC today would be ...
I don't think they even make SxS Double Rifles now.
All I see is O/U on their website

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikeyyy

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia