Valmet 412 in 375

mgstucson

AH member
Reaction score
I just bought a Valmet 412 on GB in 375 Win. I am looking to have someone rechamber to 375 flanged. I just bought a horde of new Norma 375 Flanged brass. Now I just got to find a gunsmith who can accurately rechamber a double rifle. Any leads on a gunsmith would be greatly appreciated.

I already have the same rifle in 9.3x74R. (It is actually a Tikka 512, it is the same gun, only made in Italy instead of Finnland now.) Actually have a third Valmet 412 in 30-06 also. I was going to have it rebored to a 375, but all the guys who rebore doubles retired.

Afforable, well-made doubles with adjustable regulation.

Last edited:
I asked the Italians if they are still making rifle and combo sets , not at the time being was their answer . So hope in the future they will be making more .

I have a Finnish made Valmet 412S, chambered in .308/.308 with a spare set of 20 ga barrels. It is surprisingly accurate, and was relatively easy to regulate.
Good luck with your search, I hope you can find someone with the knowledge to make it what you would like.

I just bought a Valmet 412 on GB in 375 Win. I am looking to have someone rechamber to 375 flanged. I just bought a horde of new Norma 375 Flanged brass. Now I just got to find a gunsmith who can accurately rechamber a double rifle. Any leads on a gunsmith would be greatly appreciated.

I already have the same rifle in 9.3x74R. (It is actually a Tikka 512, it is the same gun, only made in Italy instead of Finnland now.) Actually have a third Valmet 412 in 30-06 also. I was going to have it rebored to a 375, but all the guys who rebore doubles retired.

Afforable, well-made doubles with adjustable regulation.
Check out Aaron Little of Mineola, Texas. He does double work, including converting proper shotgun actions (Merkel, etc.) to double rifles. I have not handled any of his work but he receives great reviews from customers. He has a FB page AM Little Bespoke Gunmakers with some really interesting stuff, looks very well made.

There is a Valmet 412 in 9.3x74r on GB right now. I already have one of those. There is also a spare barrel set in 30R Blaser that has been on there for quite some time. Very reasonable prices compared to other doubles, but a little high compared to past Valmets on GB. I bought a second 412 in 30-06 just to get a frame with double triggers. It is the only double trigger Valmet 412 I have ever seen. Guess I will sell my single trigger 412 double in 30-06, or have it rechambered to 300 PRC. Probably doesn't have the twist rate for the heavy 30's though.

Some of .30R loads is not that far from .300 Win , but with the R on the end so it can be getting out quite easy .

I would had a look on that if I were there for a .30 set . But the 9,3 set anyway would be on my list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeticiaLun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!