Utah Cougar Hunt Intro Offer

thanks james for the info I know the area well and I tell you what there are some very serious muleys that winter up in the bookcliffs too bad season wasn't open and I didn't have a tag.
yes it is a very demanding area physically as book CLIFFS is right as the cats like the cliffs!
what is the outfitters name? I hunted with 3 of them working together one of which was the unitna county sherriff and his pack of dogs. running dry ground is harder as you cant tell too well what the dogs strike on aka a tom or not. in snow its easy tom tracks way bigger and usually lone. how many helpers does he have to cut tracks and with strike dogs?
it is a good area for big cats
Not to get too far off of the subject but I did a muzzle loader hunt in the Book Cliffs this year just inside of the Utah line. I blew the stalk on two mule deer bucks that both would go over 200 inches. I got within 20 yards in the brush when they busted me and all I had was a head shot on the smaller one. The more that I think of it afterwards the more I think that I should of tried a body shot through the brush. The only problem was that I really didn't want to track them down into the country that they headed into and if I would of wounded one of them that is right where they would of gone. I hunted that lower canyon when I was 25 years younger and it was tough country to hike into and out of then, I can just feel what it would be like now.

On the lion hunt there are a lot of cats all along the Book and Roan Cliffs from the Utah Colorado state line to Price. Then the area to the west and south west of Price is prime mule deer winter ground where the cats will be at. But as I mentioned there are lots of ledges and it is steep. If you are interested in this hunt you will need to be in shape.

What is your success rate on these hunts .do you have some photos of successfull hunts and a few references please

gday barney , welcome to AH ,

jimP why you huntin mule deer in Utah when unit 44 is out your back door :)
and yes I agree better be in shape to hunt mtn lion in the book cliffs area
did you see the wild horse ponies are they still around there?

jimP why you huntin mule deer in Utah when unit 44 is out your back door :)
and yes I agree better be in shape to hunt mtn lion in the book cliffs area
did you see the wild horse ponies are they still around there?

I hunt them both....:E Dancing:

We saw a herd of around 10 of them out on Steer Ridge one day. We also saw the bison that they have out there now. Not to mention some great bull elk. The only thing that we didn't see that we have seen before is a moose.

jimP just smoked one of your pet unit 44 bad boys you probably heard my 300 roar from the witches tit out you back door! lucky sucker to live there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NDBEliza58

Latest profile posts

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.