USA: Alaska Multi Species Hunt

It can be a very tough hunt. But with proper gear. It’s a breeze. I would insist on the last two weeks of the season. Unit 18 allows hunting all the way to October. Every day past September 25 gets better and better.

We saw a lot of average bulls. I passed a lot of mid 50s bulls

Of course after we had our two bulls down. A Mature bull heard our last evening calls and was outside the tent the next AM. And wouldn’t leave. An easy archery kill.

IMG_4762.jpeg

...very nice, Philip, brings back fond memories of my hunt near there in 2001. Can't quite remember the GMU, but 19C sounds very familiar.

Was a combo hunt in the Dillinger River drainage with Master Guide George Palmer of Alaska Trophy Hunts.

My main goal was a Dall's Sheep, and on day 4 I missed a curl-and-a-quarter beauty with a shot, that in hindsight, I should not have taken. I still have nightmares about that beautiful ram.

But, I managed take a nice caribou bull that made B&C at 394 7/8, and on the very last evening of the hunt, harvested a beautiful silver interior grizzly that squared just over 7'.

It was the most beautiful (and harsh) country I've ever seen, or hunted in, and the northern light shows were something to behold. Truly the last great untamed wilderness in the US.

I'm guessing you stayed at the Takusko House in McGrath? Is it still run by that rough and tumble Russian woman named Shareen? She was something, and that's all I have to say about that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IgnacioSig

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.