Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Wild Sheep Foundation, American Bear Foundation
Hunted
USA-IL,MO,MN,ME; Canada-Manitoba; South Africa
Hey all,

I learned some interesting information yesterday when I stopped at a UPS Customer Center to ship some ammo I sold.

I am no expert on this by any means, but what I have found at least around me in the Midwest is that the local UPS Store wont ship anything firearms related. They wouldn't even ship a scope to Leupold for me. Everything firearms related has to go through a UPS Customer Center. So usually I have to drive an hour away to way on the other side of St. Louis, or stop at one while out working on the road. I stopped at one in Indianapolis on Friday. I have shipped guns and ammo from various centers across the midwest, it usually really isn't that difficult. I don't really like my local post office much.

I was able to ship my ammo as normal, has to go ground, it was one box so it was only 11 bucks, easy peasy. But, she told me that all UPS Customer Centers across the country are closing their customer desks this year. The Center will still be there, but you wont be able to walk in and print a label and ship things. Only pickup or drop off pre-labeled items. I'm not sure if you'll be able to do anything there you would have to pay for in person.

Which means that for a guy shipping a gun he's sold, or shipping out for smith work, or ammo sold, is going to get difficult. Easiest way is probably going to be going to your local gun shop that has a UPS account and having them ship it for you. Or, I think you'll be able to print a label at home and drop off at a Customer Center (maybe), or print label and schedule a UPS pickup.

Whether you hate UPS, wont use them, have a better way, only use FedEx, what have you, it sounds like its going to be much more of a pain to ship stuff if you want to use UPS. For me, living in a small town, I don't have a lot of options without driving over to St. Louis or waiting till I am in a big city for work. Just thought I'd let folks know in case they do it this way. I'm sure I'm missing a hundred better ways to do this, someone will chime in I'm sure.

Have a good weekend all!

- Dan

I shipped a handgun a military friend had me hold for him while he overseas, and it cost $200 to use the local gunshop. I don't know what I will do if I get to sell a rifle or a handgun. Maybe split it with the customer. Not a conspiracy tin hat kind of guy, but I wonder if they are doing this on purpose?

Same here in the St. Louis metro area. The stores in the county won’t dirty their hands with it. So you have to drive into the city to ship it at the distribution center. That means you‘ll need 2 guns just to ship one! :cool: One to ship and one for the walk to and from your car.

Same here in the St. Louis metro area. The stores in the county won’t dirty their hands with it. So you have to drive into the city to ship it at the distribution center. That means you‘ll need 2 guns just to ship one! :cool: One to ship and one for the walk to and from your car.
That's right! for me living over outside of Waterloo, I either have to drive into the heart of the city, or drive all the way out to Earth City / St Charles. Neither of them are that appealing.

Hey all, same for us. Even Gunshop's now have to be registered and approved by FedEx to ship. That's why we don't do FedEx. UPS still handles all our firearms and ammo shipping with no issue. But we are retail store front. I do all my personal shipping with shop account to save the hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiClimps

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg