Update from DSC annual meeting

My wife used to work in executive management with Omni downtown.. she can/will attest that KBH management is very difficult to deal with.. city bureaucrats that don’t understand private enterprise or care to learn.. they were a big PIA for the Omni.. and Omni has a long standing, vested interest in maintaining a quality partnership with them and vice-versa… but it often appeared that only Omni was doing anything to bolster the relationship..

I think a fixation on dates was one of the main factors that led to DSC choosing Atlanta… they wanted to continue to kick off show season..

If TTHA has those kick off dates secured, and if DSC wants to return to KBHCC, they’d likely have to decide they want to be the last show of the season if they’re going to have success… otherwise they’re going to be coming in on the heels of another hunting show in the same location.. you’re not going to get the same attendees to travel to Dallas twice back to back..

As I think about it, closing out the year could be a smart move, and might be attractive to exhibitors…

They start in Dallas at TTHA… pack their booths and head to SCI… then the next show, etc etc.. and then finish the circuit back in Dallas where their storage facility is.. so that at the end of DSC they are positioned properly for next year without having to dead head to a storage location like they had to do in years past..
You’re probably right about the fixation on dates. As in real estate, “Location, location, location!” I guess they forgot that.

The only DSC Show I attended as an exhibitor or hunter was back in the early 2000’s (don’t remember the exact year) but it was before the obsession with being first. When the dates changed to be the earliest, I could no longer go. We conduct January elk hunts and I didn’t want to miss out being one of the guides. It’s a shame because as an exhibitor, I had a great show at DSC. In talking with other exhibitors, they liked how they were treated by DSC. Booths were cheaper than SCI and not so many rules about donations. It’s sad to see what happened in Atlanta.
 

Rob McCanna did an episode with Blood Origins about the DSC convention and its future. It’s a pretty good listen.
I was curious about this guy who has only been CEO since December. Presumably he remains CEO at Walther where he's been since 2021? But what did he do before that during his 35 years in the "outdoors industry"? A diligent search indicates he was formerly VP of sales with ... Remington. No doubt he went out the door with everyone else in management when Big Green went in the bankruptcy toilet and subsequently reorganized. Not sure what role sales played in Remington's debacle. But anyone in Remington R&D or Customer Support during those years would not be proud to have that on their resume. :D Poor guy is trying to rebuild his career and walks into this trainwreck? Talk about throwing the dice!
 
I was curious about this guy who has only been CEO since December. Presumably he remains CEO at Walther where he's been since 2021? But what did he do before that during his 35 years in the "outdoors industry"? A diligent search indicates he was formerly VP of sales with ... Remington. No doubt he went out the door with everyone else in management when Big Green went in the bankruptcy toilet and subsequently reorganized. Not sure what role sales played in Remington's debacle. But anyone in Remington R&D or Customer Support during those years would not be proud to have that on their resume. :D Poor guy is trying to rebuild his career and walks into this trainwreck? Talk about throwing the dice!

I believe he said in that podcast that he ended with Walther at the end of the year and started with DSC at the first of January
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,941
Members
169,655
Latest member
NehuSinhi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top