Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
USA, RSA, Zimbabwe
Starting to prepare for my upcoming buff hunt in earnest! Leaving on July 18, headed to meet up with my friends at Somerby Safaris. 7 day safari, focused on buffalo but will add some plains game to the menu if I score early on nyati. Have pricing on sable and waterbuck, among others. Family is coming down week two for a couple of photo safaris and a few days in Cape Town. Man, the days are starting to drag!

Any of you forumites on the July 18 flight from ATL to Joberg?

Good Luck on your cape buffalo hunt I think you will have a great time!

Thanks, Enysse. I am really looking forward to this one.

Starting to prepare for my upcoming buff hunt in earnest! Leaving on July 18, headed to meet up with my friends at Somerby Safaris. 7 day safari, focused on buffalo but will add some plains game to the menu if I score early on nyati. Have pricing on sable and waterbuck, among others. Family is coming down week two for a couple of photo safaris and a few days in Cape Town. Man, the days are starting to drag!

Any of you forumites on the July 18 flight from ATL to Joberg?

Do you need a gun bearer?

Enjoy your trip,,Shoot straight, Stay safe,,,Take a lot of Pics

Wish you the best of luck !

Good luck on your hunt!

Best of luck Custom!

Custom you will have an adventure hunting the buff. I've met Drom with Somerby Safaris a couple of times in Kansas City and Witchita and he seems like a good guy. I look forward to reading your hunt report.

Thanks, CAustin. I believe it will be a great adventure. Drom and his wife are good friends with my taxidermist, which is how I made the connection. I interviewed a number of safari operators and all of them would have been great choices. What tilted me to Drom is that he bids on buffalo hunts on some of the national parks where there are only a few hunts allowed.

Good luck on the hunt. Buff is my next DG hunt. Please post photos and a hunt report. The last month before the hunt seems to take forever.

I will post my adventure here for sure. This is likely to be my only DG hunt, so I pkane to make the most of it.

I suggest you have a member of your party film the whole thing. I'm taking a GoPro on the next hunt. Pictures are great but video is even better.

I have thought about that. I checked into professional filming but talked myself out of it based on price. I am going solo on the buff hunt, so just me, PH and tracker. Don't have a GoPro, but am familiar with them. You going to run it yourself?

Good luck and looking forward to the pics...

Sounds exciting. Looking forward to the hunt report. Take lots of pics and shoot straight.

Great idea to have a tracker with the go pro mounted. But they do sell a gun attachment for it.

Best of luck by the way! I hope you shoot the buff of your dreams!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilarEastw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?