Unusual find

This is a collectors item.
It is from the early days af Norma, the company was located in Norway.
Do not touch it.
Find the right collector and sell it for a good price.
Or keep it .... and become a collector!

HWL

IMG_8566.jpg

The more modern incarnation - Norma Oryx. Less roundnosed but still 156gr. I use them as a bushveld round in my 6.5 Swede. Superbly accurate at 2500 ft/s.

I wonder if those old bullets are bonded?

Lots of good leads/suspects here.

I'd definitely shortlist the finalists to:

6.5 Mannlicher
6.5x55 swede
6.5 Dutch (is that 6.5x53mm?) the one for M95 rifles that require a clip
256 Gibbs (the British dude, not the American)
256 Rimless (the British one)
Wasn't there a 256 / 6.5 that ended in "Hungarian"?

***Take note, I'm foggy on whether any of the two above are the same thing in Metric versus Anglo speak as its been awhile since I've owned them.

I used to shoot a similar or identical bullet in my 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser. I probably have a box or two of old Norma ammo with 156 gr. round nose bullets.

Oryx is the first bonded bullet by Norma , and in some calibers they are good,.,6,5 , and so . But in some calibers and speeds they are not so good sadly .

.318 diameter bullets of similar vintage

20230718_165135.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oryx is the first bonded bullet by Norma , and in some calibers they are good,.,6,5 , and so . But in some calibers and speeds they are not so good sadly .

Can you enlighten us a bit on your experience with Norma Oryx for these other calibers? 300 WM?

Can you enlighten us a bit on your experience with Norma Oryx for these other calibers? 300 WM?
.358 Norma Mag 250 grain. Downloaded to 750 ms first batch bullets shot good,and ruined little . For roe deer and such it was.,only rifle i had then.

Then newer ammo fl 250 loaded on roe deer, moose on 50 meters looked like detonated ,splintered,brittle not good . Lot of ruin. Not tried it in .300 Win Mag .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anuskaxett

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]