Uganda Outfitter?

If you choose Christian Weth and Uganda Wildlife Safari’s. I can highly recommend PH Derren Ellerman. l hunted with him at Niassa Game Reserve with Kambako Safaris. He’s a top notch professional and has been hunting up there for 4 or 5 years now.
 
The word on the street inside the industry that has been mentioned by some is that perhaps some over-hunting has or is occurring. Anyone who’s been there have any opinions or experience with this issue?
 
The word on the street inside the industry that has been mentioned by some is that perhaps some over-hunting has or is occurring. Anyone who’s been there have any opinions or experience with this issue?
I cannot speak to any comparison from 5 or 10 years ago to today, but I can tell you, there were many days we saw 300-400 buffalo, some days maybe 100, then somedays we would see 1000 to 1700 buffalo. It is my understanding UWS gets around 100 buffalo permits per year, and based on the fact it is as large of a concession as I have ever seen, I cannot fathom how there is over hunting. It is true Tim Herald took 7 buffalo this year, perhaps you heard something about that.
 
Uganda next year thru Christian Weth with Charl Van Rooyen (early2025) and back again in 2026
to Hunt with my good friend & PH Thierry Labat and both will be the three major areas one on a "D" license and one on a "E" license with all three major hunt areas (Kafu, Aswa-Lolim, & Karamojo)
Both trips should get me together to harvest a Sitatunga, nile Bushbuck, East African bushbuck, a nice Kob, Oribi, and if lucky a Topi, along with several Nile Buffalo. I look so much forward to hunt personally with Charl for the first time and with Thierry Labat the next year even though we will likely cross paths in the same camps both years! And I'm so grateful that Thierry was able to help facilitate 2025 so a long time friend and I could get to do Africa together with our significant others and they can spend additional time with family who live in Uganda!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,680
Members
169,819
Latest member
memoceptcanada
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top