Trophy - The Film

Early days, but that's a heck of a score!

I am really quite surprised - but very pleased - that this movie, given the subject matter, has not been sh*t upon from great heights. Maybe some people are more thoughtful than we might think?

Let's see if I'm speaking too soon!

Call me an optimist, but I don't think we are as far off as we often think. Close to a precipice maybe, but we haven't fallen off the edge, nor have we been pushed.

We have a chance to fight back hard here over the next couple of years as the antis, or liberals, are reeling. We like to make this just about our topic, but the general public doesn't see it that way. They see it as conservative and liberal views. Well, the liberal view isn't as popular right now as many thought.

Time to keep fighting hard and give the masses more to think about. We can't be silent.

Bummer that Rotten Tomatoes says the movie is about animals on the verge of extinction from hunters and not from poachers. It already frames hunters as the villains.

Looking forward to the trailer

@Philip Glass congrats on your film's reception and kudos for putting yourself out there, ready and willing to defend and fight for hunting rights. As others have pointed out, the mere fact that reviewers are acknowledging the complexity of the issues at hand and pointing out the validity of "it pays, it stays" is a huge step forward. As with any issue, you'll have your staunch advocates for and against something- the public opinion battle is about those in the middle. Hopefully, this is a step towards preventing non-hunters, now armed with more of the facts, from becoming anti-hunters.

Thanks for your courage in participating in a project like this. I'm really looking forward to seeing the film.

Also, with Netflix becoming the go-to place for documentaries, this film's eventual release on that platform will help getting the message out to lots of people.

WHOA !
Good stuff Philip .
Love to see it , but probably wont living in New Zealand .
Youv,e got bigger balls thn me!!!
Cheers Dory .

Will be on my list of "to watch" for sure. Thanks. Maybe Netflix could pick it up later and go more mainstream aswell

Philip.

My hat is off to you for making a stand. You have my admiration.

Wish I had known about this when we talked at DSC. Certainly want to know more about the movie and how you got involved with it.

Please keep us informed about the trailer and when the movie will come out and how to view it.

Looking forward to the trailer
The filmmaker says the trailer is a few months off yet. I believe the companies that purchase it for release have some say in how the trailer is put together and that is why it is not ready.
You can follow developments on Facebook at @trophythefilm
Regards,
Philip

@Philip Glass congrats on your film's reception and kudos for putting yourself out there, ready and willing to defend and fight for hunting rights. As others have pointed out, the mere fact that reviewers are acknowledging the complexity of the issues at hand and pointing out the validity of "it pays, it stays" is a huge step forward. As with any issue, you'll have your staunch advocates for and against something- the public opinion battle is about those in the middle. Hopefully, this is a step towards preventing non-hunters, now armed with more of the facts, from becoming anti-hunters.

Thanks for your courage in participating in a project like this. I'm really looking forward to seeing the film.

Also, with Netflix becoming the go-to place for documentaries, this film's eventual release on that platform will help getting the message out to lots of people.
Thanks for the kind words. Yes I am at the point in my life that I am armed and ready to enter the debate and stand up for what I believe in no matter the opposition. Actually the filmmaker says this is one of the reasons he cast me is my strong opinions! I have been receiving great advice from some seasoned individuals who truly understand this debate. I look for more such advice as we proceed down this interesting path. When the film is released, if not sooner, I will have to stand up for hunters publicly in PR events to come. I pray I can say the right things and not get too angry at the opposition.
Regards,
Philip

"We will see how it goes. When the arrows start flying I'll need my buddies at AH to lean on!"

We´re all behind you, Philip, you can be sure of that :A Clapping: :A Clapping: :A Clapping: :A Clapping:

Philip.

My hat is off to you for making a stand. You have my admiration.

Wish I had known about this when we talked at DSC. Certainly want to know more about the movie and how you got involved with it.

Please keep us informed about the trailer and when the movie will come out and how to view it.
Wheels,
I'll do my best to keep you updated going forward. Great to see you at DSC! Honestly, for me, this is exciting and at the same time unnerving as well. The unknown can be a worry.
Regards,
Philip

Strong opinions? You?

Never noticed....

:E Lol:
Royal,
Thanks and very funny!!! I've been know to have a few opinions.
Regards,
Philip

Martin Pieters will appear in the film as my PH. The amazing lion hunt he took me on was an important part of the story. So with some of the negativity here about him lately I'd just like to thank @Martin Pieters Safaris for all he has done for me in this regard. Thanks Mart and I'll see you in Vegas!
Regards,
Philip

Bummer that Rotten Tomatoes says the movie is about animals on the verge of extinction from hunters and not from poachers. It already frames hunters as the villains.

Yes and the way its getting framed the Sh*t storm is not far off, I am afraid.

Philip, my hat is off to you for your courage to put yourself and your family out there on this issue. It sounds like the film is pretty unbiased, surprising coming from Hollywood. I look forward to seeing the film and am hopeful that it can stimulate thoughtful consideration of the issue.

It actually isn't so surprising for a documentary to be unbiased. Many are, but generally they are all low budget so the director has a lot more say and unless they are pushing an agenda (like Supersize Me) then they can be unbiased as long as the director wants to be objective. It could have been a hit piece as well, but luckily this was not. We can easily see the slant applied on Rotten Tomatoes with their description.

The filmmaker says the trailer is a few months off yet. I believe the companies that purchase it for release have some say in how the trailer is put together and that is why it is not ready.
You can follow developments on Facebook at @trophythefilm
Regards,
Philip
I don't do much with Facebook, I mainly made the account because of my work. However, I just went on to follow this page. Looking forward to seeing it as well

Phillip,
Perhaps you could let us know here on AH, when your film will be out in the public domain to see.
I want to see it! And support it.
Thanks

Trophy will be at SXSW film festival March 11-12 in Austin. This is the next in a series of film festivals it will be in.
The opening in theaters should be in August. I'll keep you updated as info is available.
I will be in Austin for both showings and doing press interviews and Q&A after the film. I'll let you how badly I get shot at!
Regards,
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lula005117

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well