Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, USA
The shipping of trophies quote I received was five times more than in 2018. I haven’t been to Africa since before Covid and we went last year. Trophies are ready and shipping is over $5500 by sea transport . 2 crates.
Here’s the freight:
192 L x 132 W x 132 H (cm) 209 kg actual
246 L x 124 W x 104 H (cm) 185 kg actual

Did pricing go way up or do I need to find another logistics company?
Any info or your thoughts are appreciated.

I am using Badger Cargo this go round Air Freight 2 crates
152 x 92 x 103 240kg
152 x 62x 103 162kg
$3429.71
That is via Delta as I have NO Big 5.

I am using Badger Cargo this go round Air Freight 2 crates
152 x 92 x 103 240kg
152 x 62x 103 162kg
$3429.71
That is via Delta as I have NO Big 5.

Thank you. Will email Pieter at Badger.

I used Pieter at Badger out of SA, crate just came in from hunt in May 2023. Great service. Mine was 69 kg billed at 95 kg volume. Freight was right at $1400 to give you some idea on costs. Then you you have to clear in Houston, I used Pro Cargo, John Rulon, great communication about $1000 to get out of US Ag, Customs, USFW. Crate went on Turkish Airways.

My best advice is get as many quotes as you can.
We have been through this and after checking we saved several k's by doing our due diligence when it came to carriers.

I just had 5 crates loaded onto the boat, one is bigger than your largest crate (giraffe) and the total was $3500. You definitely need to get another quote or 3.

The shipping of trophies quote I received was five times more than in 2018. I haven’t been to Africa since before Covid and we went last year. Trophies are ready and shipping is over $5500 by sea transport . 2 crates.
Here’s the freight:
192 L x 132 W x 132 H (cm) 209 kg actual
246 L x 124 W x 104 H (cm) 185 kg actual

Did pricing go way up or do I need to find another logistics company?
Any info or your thoughts are appreciated.
Nick
Africa is a big place. Where are you shipping from?
Air freight will be cheaper than your ocean freight quote. Plus ocean freight will come with extremely high port fees on arrival.
Philip

Nick
Air freight will be cheaper than your ocean freight quote. Plus ocean freight will come with extremely high port fees on arrival.
Philip
Philip I will be shipping my Zim buff home fully done. Who would you use given your experience there please?

Philip I will be shipping my Zim buff home fully done. Who would you use given your experience there please?
Cuan at TCI will likely send it with Maple Freight. We will put them in touch with Coppersmith and all will be handled.

I am taking notes on shipping. Since I just completed my first trip it will be awhile. Already made deposit at the taxidermy shop. Have been to their shop and everything looks so very nice. I only have 2 flat skins, 2 Euro mounts, 2 pedestals and 3 shoulders. Pretty much determined to go air, the less longshoreman touch my stuff the happier I shall be. As always, thanks for great advice from the members on this forum. Cheers everyone!

Nick
Philip
Phillip, South Africa, Johburg is where its coming from. Highveld Taxidermy. Thanks- Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristaAle

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles