Trophy shipment into New York

Mnovak

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
All,
I hunted SA last July and have a large container with 15 trophies being shipped to the US by EMIAC shippers. My crate was supposed to make it on a sea freight shipment mid May but due to logistical transport errors, their truck broke down, my crate did not make it to the port and missed the cut off time to load on the ship! My shipment was supposed to arrive in Houston TX, I live in Arkansas. EMIAC has now offered to air freight my trophies at no extra cost but they will arrive in NY. That’s a long ways away from my location and a less than desirable area for these to ship to for me. I am using Coppersmith s my import agent to assist wherever it lands.

My question is for anyone with experience having their African trophies shipped to the NY Newark airport, how Was your experience? Any issues?

I’m waiting to speak with my new Coppersmith representative in the NY area hopefully today to determine how I get my trophies to Arkansas. I had planned to drive to Houston which was only 6 hours.

I'm sure Coppersmith could arrange to have your trophies shipped from NY directly to your home. Be sure to check on the cost of shipping.

Take that deal but do get Coppersmith to quote at least 3 shippers. Or get quotes yourself.

I had my first ocean freight shipment and was shocked by an extra $2800 fee at the port! Ocean freight is not as good a deal as it first seems. Then an inland freight quote over $4k. I got my own quotes and got it shipped to me for $2k.

I just had my crate from Zim come thru JFK via Qatar Airways on its way to Michael Pepi at Jonas Bros. No issue at all.

You wrote two different things in your post. Is it going to JFK in New York or Newark New Jersey? Going through JFK in New York has never been a problem. If it’s going to Newark New Jersey that will be the first I’ve heard of that.

You wrote two different things in your post. Is it going to JFK in New York or Newark New Jersey? Going through JFK in New York has never been a problem. If it’s going to Newark New Jersey that will be the first I’ve heard of that.
Not sure? EMIAC sent me NY Newark in their email. It may be JFK and they miss spoke. I’m still trying to get the details as things have shifted from sea to air shipment and from arriving in Texas to now arriving in New York.

I did touch base with the NY base Coppersmith and he said it should be JFK.

Not sure? EMIAC sent me NY Newark in their email. It may be JFK and they miss spoke. I’m still trying to get the details as things have shifted from sea to air shipment and from arriving in Texas to now arriving in New York.

I did touch base with the NY base Coppersmith and he said it should be JFK.
I would get clarification from EMIAC where it was sent and ask coppersmiths what they can do if it lands in Newark. From what they wrote you I’d say it’s going to Newark and not JFK.

I have had several shipments come to JFK. My importer has a bonded facility and doesn’t charge a day fee. It normally takes a couple weeks for customs and fish and wildlife to clear the trophies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwbybill

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.