Trophy Room Build after 45 years of hunting

@JES Adventures
Popped in again this morning to check this thread after not doing so for several weeks.
I am completely in awe. I wondered at the start why such an enormous trophy room was being constructed, now I totally understand. I am more than a little envious of how much of your life could be dedicated to the finest adventure a man could comtemplate. Well done sir I say.
Could I ask a tiny favour if you could possibly fine the time ?. Would you mind post closer pics of your Lord Derby Eland ( head / neck and horns ) and Bezoar Ibex please ? I have particular interest in those as they are game I personally have hunted. Just love to heavy horn bases on the Bezoar Ibex.
As others posted, many thanks again for involving us all in this fascinating project.

@JES Adventures
Popped in again this morning to check this thread after not doing so for several weeks.
I am completely in awe. I wondered at the start why such an enormous trophy room was being constructed, now I totally understand. I am more than a little envious of how much of your life could be dedicated to the finest adventure a man could comtemplate. Well done sir I say.
Could I ask a tiny favour if you could possibly fine the time ?. Would you mind post closer pics of your Lord Derby Eland ( head / neck and horns ) and Bezoar Ibex please ? I have particular interest in those as they are game I personally have hunted. Just love to heavy horn bases on the Bezoar Ibex.
As others posted, many thanks again for involving us all in this fascinating project.
Thank you for the kind words @30.06king

Here’s a few pics as requested. These are no doubt two of my most favorite trophies, from distinctly different habitats.

You can see my LDE had a unique knot on his nose. I had him mounted to be exact.

IMG_7292.jpeg

IMG_7290.jpeg

IMG_7289.jpeg

IMG_7294.jpeg
IMG_7293.jpeg

Fantastic everywhere you look. Love your bezoar...wow, the mass. Is that a tur behind it or a blue sheep?

Thank you for the kind words @30.06king

Here’s a few pics as requested. These are no doubt two of my most favorite trophies, from distinctly different habitats.

You can see my LDE had a unique knot on his nose. I had him mounted to be exact.

View attachment 622149

View attachment 622150

View attachment 622151

View attachment 622154View attachment 622155

Those are 2 magnificent looking animals.

:unsure::unsure:.....Would that LDE be considered a cross between a rhino and an eland, or a unicorn and an eland?....:giggle:.....either or still pretty cool.

Fantastic everywhere you look. Love your bezoar...wow, the mass. Is that a tur behind it or a blue sheep?
That is a Southeastern Spanish Ibex.

There are two Blue Sheep on the top of the mountain. Nepalese and Chinese.
IMG_7041.jpeg

Now for the question:

How / What are you planning to keep your trophy room free, or minimally, dust free?

This Sir is definitely the ultimate in a trophy room/ man's cave. Understatement of all time: This is just fantastic.

@JES Adventures
My humble and grateful thanks for obligingly posting those pics. Just what I wanted to see.
I agree with the comment about the horn mass of the Bezoar Ibex. I believe mass is a quality all of it's own.
The nose bump of the LDE must be quite unique, perhaps adding some special quality to the trophy ? Do you know if it was bone growth or soft tissue ?
And, yes please, I like the suggestion of a 360 degree video of the completed trophy room and contents when all is done. Would really like to see that.

Last edited:
Now for the question:

How / What are you planning to keep your trophy room free, or minimally, dust free?

This Sir is definitely the ultimate in a trophy room/ man's cave. Understatement of all time: This is just fantastic.
Thank you for the compliments, I too continue to be amazed at how it’s coming out. It is certainly more that I ever dreamed of.

The HVAC running will help capture some of the dust particles. Also, my taxidermist will come in annually to dust off and check mounts.

@JES Adventures
My humble and grateful thanks for obligingly posting those pics. Just what I wanted to see.
I agree with the comment about the horn mass of the Bezoar Ibex. I believe mass is a quality all of it's own.
The nose bump of the LDE must be quite unique, perhaps adding some special quality to the trophy ? Do you know if it was bone growth or soft tissue ?
And, yes please, I like the suggestion of a 360 degree video of the completed trophy room and contents when all is done. Would really like to see that.
Happy to oblige @30.06king. The bump on the LDE was tissue but not soft. The skull showed no calcification in that spot so maybe a thorn got imbedded then scar tissue encapsulated it. We didn’t really dig into it after skinning.

My plan is to have a done video and photographic tour done when completed so I can upload to the Reserve Ranch website for everyone to enjoy.

Here are few updated shots of the bear scene. The artificial water (acrylic) work starts this week so no trades are allowed in the trophy room while the taxidermist is doing this work to keep dust to a minimum.
IMG_7306.jpeg

IMG_7301.jpeg

IMG_7302.jpeg

IMG_7303.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

Oh that's cool...smallest in the middle and larger as it goes out. Also, the black bear has a beaver kill. Interesting. I like that design...one of the better ones I've seen to put all 4 species in one diorama.

How long ago was your polar bear taken? What year did they stop importing them? I know Boddington's bear had to be left in Canada. It's full size mounted in a store up there.

Where in Nepal did you hunt the Blue sheep? How high was he.

Any pics from where you killed him. I’m assuming you were on the eastern Himalayas for the Chinese Blue

I saw Blues while on climbs in the Himalaya

Ahh that's easier to see it. Thanks. What sheep and Capra are still on the bucket list?
Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia and maybe back to Tajikistan for Argalis now that it seems importation is once again possible. Also Pakistan for ibex and urials.

That being said, my right knee is shot and the left one not much better so the first step before heading to the mountains is knee replacements and rehab. I don't think I'll be back to any strenuous hunting until late '25.

How long ago was your polar bear taken? What year did they stop importing them? I know Boddington's bear had to be left in Canada. It's full size mounted in a store up there.
I hunted the Polar Bear in 2007 which was the last year for importation to the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deo

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.