Trijicon TR 24 Thoughts?

Papa72

AH veteran
Reaction score
I’m interested in all input & experiences with the Trijicon TR 24 1-4 x 24. Got my eye on it for my Ruger African .375 & have read more positive thoughts on here for the Trijicon brand than negative ones but I can’t forget that Chevy was a pretty good automaker…except for the Corvair. Thanks in advance!

What was wrong with the Corvair? Other than the fact that it was replaced by the Vega?

I owned a ‘63 Covair I bought used in 1967. It made Ralph Nader famous. Owned a ‘72 Vega also. Corvair leaked oil from the ill designed pushrod tube seals like the Exxon Valdez and the Vega’s aluminum 4 cylinder ran hotter than a stepmother’s kiss. As my Dad once told me “Everything be alright if it wasn’t for everything else”.

I used the Trijicon 1-6 on my CZ 9.3x62 and like it a lot. Just moved it to a Scar17. (I also had another suitable optic already set up for the 9.3.)

But then my first car was a Corvair. :)

I use a 1x4 duplex. With green dot on my 404 j with zero problem with scope
on second set of tallest rings as quick detach screws got over torqued and threads failed

I really liked my Corvair. May build another. I don't remember it leaking a huge amount of oil. The 911 was worse. But I had a turbo.

Dad's Vega, on the other hand, began rusting in the showroom.

Great scopes, will serve you well!

I really liked my Corvair. May build another. I don't remember it leaking a huge amount of oil. The 911 was worse. But I had a turbo.

Dad's Vega, on the other hand, began rusting in the showroom.
I should mention: Turbo Corvair, not Turbo 911...

I remember Chev beefed up the bottom and top end of those turbo engines so maybe those seals were a different rubber. I needed to add a quart of 30W each fill up, at least.
I should mention: Turbo Corvair, not Turbo 911...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norbow

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.