Trigger suggestions for Whitworth Interarms .375 H&H

Update:

Had Wayne install Timney trigger. Also had him put a NEGC 3-position safety on the bolt. Replaced bolt shroud and blued all the new parts to match. Works and looks great!
IMG_3243.jpeg

Update:

Had Wayne install Timney trigger. Also had him put a NEGC 3-position safety on the bolt. Replaced bolt shroud and blued all the new parts to match. Works and looks great!View attachment 595076
Nice. I didn't think Wayne worked/had worked on Whitworths?

Nice. I didn't think Wayne worked/had worked on Whitworths?
I think Wayne has worked on about everything but prefers certain brands. He’s winding down but still working for past clients when he can.

I have a local gunsmith who can do the work but wondered what aftermarket trigger I should buy? Timney?
Unlike Zbrojovka rifles, Zastava rifles are very true mauser clone. There are triggers available

Timney trigger is one option.

Second option
(slim chance) contact zastava USA, and ask them if they have available Zastava DAT trigger.
DAT trigger is actually single set trigger.
Info:

From link:
When purchasing this type of sporting rifle, the customer can choose one of the following types of trigger mechanism:
  • with single trigger
  • with single trigger DAT (possibility to push the trigger forward and get light trigger pull)
  • with double trigger (possibility to prepare for firing with one trigger and then have light trigger pull on the other trigger)
Third Option, Rusan zastava trigger, clone of timney
They will be available also from other dealers

Attachments

I have timneys in every Mauser variant I own, regardless of manufacturer and regardless of mil vs commercial..

There are “better” triggers out there..but I haven’t found anything close to Timney quality and performance at their price point…

And timney is a good company as well.. excellent customer service… run with very openly stated (and obvious) judeo-Christian values, etczzz

I have used Timneys for years but now I prefer Jard. Try one, you will love it.

If choosing Timney, you will need "Deluxe" model with trigger block safety as your rifle is already set up for it. Make SURE whatever trigger you choose has trigger block safety. Changing to 3-position side safety (Model 70 style) would require filling the cavity in stock after 2-position trigger block safety is removed. Any aftermarket trigger for 98 Mauser should fit.

Which rings and bases do you suggest? Have a Whitworth/Interarms .375 but no scope or rings yet.

Appreciate it.
I have Warne QD (quick detach) rings on both my 98 Mauser 404 Jeffery and WWII Springfield 30-06. I had to change front beads on both rifles and front ramp on 404 because adjustment ran out on both rear sights. Bore sighted both on a piece of tape on side of garage about 35 yards, then to the range on Saturday. It didn't take much to get the irons for both guns zeroed at fifty yards ... thankfully ... weather was brutal hot. Reattached the scopes and walked over to the 100 yard range in the shade, grabbed a used glow-hit target from the Jimmy, patched it with tape, and set up the bags on the bench. First shot with 30-06 shows yellow. Second shot touching pink is 404J. These rings hold zero!! 404 scope turned up to 4x and Springfield 3-9x turned down to 5x.
Resized_20240824_160004.jpeg

Last edited:
Which rings and bases do you suggest? Have a Whitworth/Interarms .375 but no scope or rings yet.

Appreciate it.
I have sold that rifle, but if l remember right l had Leupold quick detach bases and rings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanVarnum

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa