Trick Photography

Great trick photography on the Frau in the Center

Uh wow!!!!! I really need to make it to Octoberfest one day!

take your time.
No Oktoberfest this year also.Hope next year,so Delta did not kill us.
But the Oktoberfestmaiden,they are getting older and will wait for you;)

1626374079555.png

guess the ti....s is no trick:cool:

Looks like the one in the middle received a “tune up.” And I might add from this photo it appears the surgeon did an excellent job. But to be certain, I would need a closer inspection. Which tent would this maiden be located?

Here is how it works. The human eye basically sees objects equal to a 50mm camera lens. So a 50mm lens in a full frame camera will give a natural and less distorted perspective (35mm in a crop sensor camera). If you jump to a lower or higher mm lens the perspective is distorted. A camera phone with a wide angle is roughly 22 to 30 mm so with a 20mm phone camera lens the closer your subject is to the edges of the frame and the closer your subject is to the camera, the more this distortion you get.

A photo taken very close, low to the ground, from the front of an animal's nose with the hunter sitting at the back of the animal will cause the head to look bigger and the person to look smaller. Back off 10 to twenty feet and everything looks normal.

So, the same thing applies to a side profile. If the hunter is placed even 5' behind the animal (photo of animal taken very close) there is a huge amount of distortion. The animal will look huge like the pig in the photo.

If you are wondering why your trophies never look as big as your hunting buddies, it will be taking the picture too far from the subject, using a non-wide angle lens, not completely filling the frame, or maybe you just shoot something small. Most African guides are experts at taken distorted images of animals.

If you want a realistic photo back up and use a zoom if necessary or use a DSLR with a 50mm lens on a full frame camera/35mm on a crop sensor camera.

On the women look at their noses not their breast. If there noses are longer than normal it is a distortion. I know nobody is looking at their noses. Also look how big her hand looks so she is not as blessed as much as the picture would reveal. The picture Phil posted is one of the least distorted because it was taken from a greater distance.

no trick here. for real big boar in Romania.

View attachment 57751
The nose of the pig is closer than the hunter and taken in close with a wide angle lens so yes there is some distortion just not as much as sitting closer to the back of the pig.

Start looking at the perspective of hunting pictures and you will not be as impressed. Our perspective have been warped by trick pictures. I do it too. My Idaho bear picture from this year looks much larger than the smaller bear I harvested.

I took German fo three years in high school but I don't remember much anymore. With enough beer and those kinda Frau's it would come back to me in a real hurry I'd bet. :A Stars::K Booby:
@gizmo
Luck you can't get locked up for your thoughts otherwise you might be doing 5 to 10 for what you are thinking.
Bob

I don't get too excited by photos that distort or fool the eye in hi mom hunting/fishing photos. Most experienced outdoorsmen see right though the ruse anyway :) I've noticed that it's almost as likely the photo will actually diminish the size in fooling the eye. However, frivolous nonsense stunts that cheapen the moment and lessen the importance of the animal really frosts my a$$. Just tells me some are immature, have no taste and don't know how to handle their testoretone moments of delusional fame.

I usually take a lot of photos of just the animal- no humans distorting the perspective of the photo and sometimes that seems better. This kudu and composition of the photo in the Kalahari of Botswana is very attractive to me but he's not a 60" monster. The caribou in SW AK is really pretty good and I like the simplicity of the photo. The hi mom photo of the oryx is also in the Kalahari of Botswana. We weren't trying to fool the perspective, just taking a few profile shots to capture the subtle rearward curve of the horns... but mercy! it certainly appears we were trying to fool the perspective. But that bull was a nice one at 40", no matter the perspective.

I always pause during the taking of these photos and say to myself, "remember this, take a mental picture, please time.... slow down!!!, because this animal will never take another breath and I will likely never be here again". That is always a sobering and humiliating thought to me at that moment.

Kudu and Kalahari sand.JPG

caribou front .jpg

Kalahari gemsbok  copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleighDe

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!