Travel with a suppressor through Newark or buy one in RSA and leave it

Let me relate a story of a group hunting Frontier safari at the same time as I was in July. They were supposed to arrive the same day I did except they got delayed in Newark for 5 days due to air traffic controller shortage. In this case you have to take get your baggage you become a felon. Key lesson as my travel agent said don't go through Newark with a gun.
@jimb1972: NJ is bad - but Not “impossible” to travel thru with firearms….just make certain that the firearm is Legal-in-New Jersey. Most hunting rifles are Legal in NJ (bolt action, single shot, double rifles) All handguns are illegal, All suppressors are illegal, and any firearm barrels “threaded” for a Supressor also illegal (unless pinned/welded), semi autos vary but any magazine over 10 rounds is illegal….it is a COMLICATED set of laws to navigate. New Jersey gun laws can be researched or you can call into the New Jersey State Police and ask questions. Still, it is Not a gun friendly State and if possible - I would avoid it. Regardless don’ take chances - KNOW the Laws and follow them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bayshooter

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!