Travel suggestions DFW to Maun, Botswana?

TakeMeLord

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Is it better to go through Jo'burg or Windhoek? Or another, alternative route? Thanks! God Bless, Dale

Unfortunately, I think JNB is your best choice. No gun, Ethiopian might be your another choice.

Last edited:
Done trip from Tampa to Atlanta to JNB and then Maun 4 times. Just got back last week.

If traveling with firearms, Delta direct to JNB minimizes risk of lost/delayed, only requires transit permit from RSA, and BOTS permit.

Delta arrives in JNB early evening, check into City Lodge and fly Maun next day.

Spending night in JNB helps adjust to jet lag/6 hour time difference and can get to Maun by 12ish and have afternoon available to travel/sight in, couple hours of field time.

Have fun, good luck.

Is it better to go through Jo'burg or Windhoek? Or another, alternative route? Thanks! God Bless, Dale
Call a Travel Express. They will be able to help you plan the route with the fewest problems. Jennifer Gin helped me (a lot) on my last trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElishaEcuy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia