Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 3x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
Innocent until proven Guilty. Does the Factory have a Master Code (once the owner changes the entry combination?) ??? This is beginning to sound rather 2010s John Deere! There are Liberty dealers everywhere in rural America. I believe they are regarded as cheaper grade, if not mistaken. I chose Cannon and paid for the fbi-proofing!

Most reviews I saw back when I was selecting a 48 gun safe placed the Liberty as a slightly better value than the Cannon.. that, combined with Gander Mountain going out of business at the time and marking down a particular liberty safe about 25% were the motivating factors for me going with liberty..

better value or not, today I would choose Cannon (or pretty much anyone else) before buying another liberty..

Most reviews I saw back when I was selecting a 48 gun safe placed the Liberty as a slightly better value than the Cannon.. that, combined with Gander Mountain going out of business at the time and marking down a particular liberty safe about 25% were the motivating factors for me going with liberty..

better value or not, today I would choose Cannon (or pretty much anyone else) before buying another liberty..
TSC got me when they partnered w/ Cannon and offered custom colors! Whoever makes Browning safes outshined that (some beautiful artwork out there protecting some people's guns from criminals, but not the Gov't. apparently!) lol Trap door in my retirement home for any would-be gun grabber....lol

"without Liberty and Justice"

They've gone the way of Bud Light. I can see 'em cutting up decals, adding a big X on the end and will now be marketed as IBEX Safes!

My liberty is mechanical lock only (no electronic), so no "backdoor".. but, if anyone has an electronic entry (not a great idea regardless of the backdoor honestly for several reasons IMO), there is a pretty inexpensive, quality, DIY fix..

Just replace the electronic entry system with a mechanical one and set your own combination.. the linked one above is from S&G (known to make quality safes and components) and is compatible with most residential gun safes..

$150 an an hour or so of your time.. and the problem is solved..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 7.57.21 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 7.57.21 AM Large.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is mechanical also but I guess they store the combination for it in house also.

Another case for avoiding the slightly cheaper mass-produced coca-cola. SMH. 'Love the idea of a Safe Room (from a gun perspective, not prepper stuff.) Cannon's owners are smiling now!!!

Mine is mechanical also but I guess they store the combination for it in house also.

Liberty absolutely maintains the combinations for all mechanical safes... they openly acknowledge it online..

The problem is.. they tell you they do that for customer service.. and that no one other than you, the owner can get the combination.. and that even then you have to prove you are the owner of the safe before you will be given the combination...

If you have registered the safe with them the process is relatively simple, but there is still a multi-step process to go through..

If you have not registered the safe with them, then there is a pretty complicated, muti-step process to go through that will take at least a couple of days to complete (you have to have documents notarized stating you are the owner, provide identification, provide proof of address, provide proof of actual ownership (reciepts, etc)....

BECAUSE they claim they wont give the combination to anyone, other than the owner... because they dont want anyone getting into the safe except the owner..

Clearly thats a lie.. because they helped the FBI get into a customers safe in a in no time... It was actually easier and faster for the FBI to get into the safe than it would be for an owner to get into their own safe if they lost the combo..

What they also do/did was build in a "back door" according to the news reports that they dont bother to disclose to their customers.. which is what they gave the FBI (if I am understanding the reports correctly, they didnt give the FBI the actual assigned combination.. they gave them the back door code to get into the electronic lock).

Liberty absolutely maintains the combinations for all mechanical safes... they openly acknowledge it online..

The problem is.. they tell you they do that for customer service.. and that no one other than you, the owner can get the combination.. and that even then you have to prove you are the owner of the safe before you will be given the combination...

If you have registered the safe with them the process is relatively simple, but there is still a multi-step process to go through..

If you have not registered the safe with them, then there is a pretty complicated, muti-step process to go through that will take at least a couple of days to complete (you have to have documents notarized stating you are the owner, provide identification, provide proof of address, provide proof of actual ownership (reciepts, etc)....

BECAUSE they claim they wont give the combination to anyone, other than the owner... because they dont want anyone getting into the safe except the owner..

Clearly thats a lie.. because they helped the FBI get into a customers safe in a in no time... It was actually easier and faster for the FBI to get into the safe than it would be for an owner to get into their own safe if they lost the combo..

What they also do/did was build in a "back door" according to the news reports that they dont bother to disclose to their customers.. which is what they gave the FBI (if I am understanding the reports correctly, they didnt give the FBI the actual assigned combination.. they gave them the back door code to get into the electronic lock).
Any attorneys in the house? I'd send them something signed back with the registration (this will not under any circumstances handed over to a 3rd party of any kind OR...) ;) Or, bye-bye big NYC conglomerate. Go sell bottled city water and soda en masse!

i'm thinking the purchasers knew precisely what they were doing here (NOT the original owners/designers/mfrs.) But, some may still be employees now, as is common. Mfg is still out west.

I personally love my liberty safe! Yes I dont like this issue that has come about! When I purchased it the next step up from the presidential that I purchased would have been to go to a fort Knox.

Looks like someone else hijacked the post, but there's more...

Liberty Safe CEO's Obama Donations Spark Renewed Backlash​

Instant -$70M/annually for Liberty! I suppose law-abiding folks will buy 'em when the price goes down to $100 at surplus stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosSpin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg