Trade 470 Double Rifle for a Rolex?

Superficial at first blush, this thread sheds strong light on the entire concept of "African Safari". What is it worth? What watch would you wear? I want the REAL Africa of yore. But do they have WIFI? Last night I dreamed I was confronting a wounded dagga boy......shot in the right hip by the anemic and oft condemned 458 WM. As he approached, slowly looking, smelling and eventually sighted me....nose straight out, then head dropped and charged. Alas, I had traded my Merkel for a Rolex Yacht Master. Woke up in a sweat afterward................GLWS or trade. ....................FWB
Hahahaha

Congratulations to both parties.

Interesting how things have worked out. Not sure this would even be possible on any other site. A testament to the quality members of AH.

Pretty cool that this looks like its going to work out where two parties are happy...

I love the barter system!

The watch has been in my possession since Monday. It is exactly as described and I am very happy with it.

The rifle is on the way to his ffl and will be subject to Franz’s approval.

Franz has been a great guy to deal with.
Britt has been great to deal with as well and has become a friend! He has gone above and beyond to call me with tips and details, not only regarding the gun but also regarding loads and other helpful information!

Last edited:
I hope we see more of these deals. Exciting to read unfold. The Explorer 2 is one of the best looking Rolex ever made IMHO
IMG_5063.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juiutyh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?