Trade 470 Double Rifle for a Rolex?

It may be an unorthodox request, but is anyone interested in trading their 470NE double (e.g. Heym, VC, Merkel, Krieghoff, etc) for one of my Rolex watches in the 15-20k range?

If so we can discuss trade options (I have several) and mutually acceptable ways to authenticate the trade.
@franzfmdavis - interesting offer: trade a manly, functional, and somewhat rare type of rifle that can stop a charging Elephant… for Jewelry that tells time and can be Charged on American Express. Wouldn’t it be easier/faster to sell the Rolex outright? They have a strong following and high resale value - sell fast and even jewelry Stores will sometimes buy them outright.

@franzfmdavis - interesting offer: trade a manly, functional, and somewhat rare type of rifle that can stop a charging Elephant… for Jewelry that tells time and can be Charged on American Express. Wouldn’t it be easier/faster to sell the Rolex outright? They have a strong following and high resale value - sell fast and even jewelry Stores will sometimes buy them outright.
Poor form to post in someone’s ad in this manner.

True, but then I am either paying a commission or taking a hit on the market value. Also, many models are hard to come by, so there is additional value for someone who might not have the sales history to buy one.

I think @HankBuck actually did the seller a solid. Offered a viable suggestion, asked a reasonable question, and bumped his ad back to the top............FWB

@Wishfulthinker580 - point taken and wasn’t even thinking about his post as an “ad” so hope I did Not disrupt his effort
Don't lose any sleep over it. I doubt the crowd that plays with Rolodex watches and double rifles would be much discouraged by your comment. :D They live in a different world than you and me.

Don't lose any sleep over it. I doubt the crowd that plays with Rolodex watches and double rifles would be much discouraged by your comment. :D They live in a different world than you and me.
OH, I find your comment unnecessary and distasteful. I have a Rolex and a double rifle, I 'play' with neither, but cherish both. The former was given to me by my four daughters after we put them all through university, not without sacrifice. The latter I saved for and sold another rifle to obtain, eventually at the age of 69. You have often said that you can afford anything, but choose not to. Fair enough. But that gives you no right to belittle those who choose to spend their hard earned cash the way they wish.

I find the concept of trading high value items quite interesting. Most of us over the age of 50 have accumulated treasures that would make fine barter items. Among these treasures would be:

Precious metals
Fine Jewelry
Classic or Collectable Automobiles
Firearms
Artwork
Tractors or Farm implements
Lathes, mills or other tools

I also think it's fantastic that such a trade can be worked out on a forum like AH. I hope the two Gentlemen above can come to an agreement, and let the rest of us know how it turns out.

Says who?

OH, I find your comment unnecessary and distasteful. I have a Rolex and a double rifle, I 'play' with neither, but cherish both. The former was given to me by my four daughters after we put them all through university, not without sacrifice. The latter I saved for and sold another rifle to obtain, eventually at the age of 69. You have often said that you can afford anything, but choose not to. Fair enough. But that gives you no right to belittle those who choose to spend their hard earned cash the way they wish.
Well said

Wait ... am I not belittling myself? I'm obviously not on the same "playing field" that would allow me to own multiple Rolex watches or double rifles. Or so my accountant tells me. It is what it is. No one need be offended or lose sleep over a fact of life. Frankly, I can't imagine owning either a Rolex or "bespoke" double rifle. But that's the world I live in. It's okay to be in another one. One of the reasons I travel is to experience different environments and cultures. This introduction to Rolocurrency is just another exploration ... without expensive air fare or long hours on the road. Let's see how it plays out.

There are always bigger fish, and always greater things to aspire to for all of us. Candidly, we are all blessed with the good fortune of being able to pursue and realize some if not many of our dreams. For me, the pursuit of hunting in North America and other continents is a blessing for which I am extremely grateful!

On this topic, rather than put part of earnings in stocks and other investments, I chose watches and guns. Now Im retired and I liquidate or trade with the things of value that I have. It may come across as pretentious but that is not my intent.

I wish everyone good fortune and good health and the time and opportunity to pursue their passions!

Poor form to post in someone’s ad in this manner.
Hope this is okay. Gun or the watch????? Reminds me of this joke:

An old Italian Mafia don is dying and he calls his grandson to his bed,
"You lissin-a me. I wanna for you to taka my chrome plated 38 revolver
so you willa always remember me."
"But grandpa, I really don't like guns. Howzabout you leava me your
Rolex watch instead."
"Shuddup an lissin. Somma day you gonna runna da business, you gonna
have a beautifula wife, lotsa money, a biga home and maybe a couple a
bambinos. Somma day you gonna coma home and maybe find you wife
inna bed with another man. "Whadda you gonna do then ... pointa to you
watch anda say, 'Times Up'?"

@franzfmdavis - I think this is a brilliant idea. Hope it works out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VelvaRancl

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.