To Bridge or Not to Bridge - That is the question....

It is possible to mount a scope on a single bridge rifle with EAW mounts but it would probably be a bit expensive to find someone that can do it. Maybe @Redleg or @rookhawk will chime in? I am not sure if it could be done in SA or not.

As for eyesight, I would guess that in about 10 years, you could be limited to red dots and scopes only.
Or H&H quick detachable scope mount .

I had a 505 Gibbs built for me on a Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Action which is a DSB a quarter rib to one standing Express sight ....
Have no desire to mount a Scope or Red Dot
I'm 66
I have 2 505s one is a SSB magnum and the other is a Granite Mountain Arms DSB . Neither is set up scopes .The GMA actioned rifle has just been built and I will get it in the next few weeks once my police permit comes through . I really do like big rifles without scopes ( doubles and magazine ) but also have scoped rifles . Depends what I am hunting . 67 years old and eyes still OK - but I keep away from computer screens and eat my carrots .

....IF.... I were to use a Red Dot this would be my choice as BeeMaa says farther away from eye both eyes open away from the action so as to not get in the way with loading and low to bore axis so cheek weld will be more natural
View attachment 590001
The more I look at this picture, the more impressive this mounting system is. If I understand correctly, it uses a repurposed rifle safety slider button to catch the lid of the mount, on which a red dot is mounted. An alternative such a mount with the irons could be fabricated as well, perhaps stored in the buttstock and then it is but a question of exchanging one for the other, if the red dot were to go down. I'm really curious who came up with this concept.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanieBourc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles