Time for a new bow!

I had a good friend that used the switchback for a very long time. He loved it! I have a cousin that keeps nudging me toward Matthew’s. I’m not dedicated to a brand, but there are a lot of guys that love their bows.
That's the problem with the Switchback. They were so good that although I would love a new bow, the performance difference of the new bows isn't enough to push me over the line.
My old Switchback has everything one needs in a bow and has killed a LOT of animals over the years.
It's quiet, has a smooth shot cycle, it's extremely accurate and has enough speed to drive a 400gr arrow tipped with a fixed blade broadhead through 99% of the game species that I regularly hunt.

That's the problem with the Switchback. They were so good that although I would love a new bow, the performance difference of the new bows isn't enough to push me over the line.
My old Switchback has everything one needs in a bow and has killed a LOT of animals over the years.
It's quiet, has a smooth shot cycle, it's extremely accurate and has enough speed to drive a 400gr arrow tipped with a fixed blade broadhead through 99% of the game species that I regularly hunt.
Any Stick-with-a-string….so many great bows and All are outstanding compared to 40 years ago —- believe it’s the Indian, Not the arrow

Spent yesterday putting up trail cameras and a tree stand in prep for August archery elk/mule deer opener. Lots of sign, good water year, no other cameras or stands but one set of boot tracks into one area. On the way home, just inside city limits, I found these two city tame bucks. Not huntable where they are but fun to sit and watch them working through mcgregors garden
IMG_9871.jpeg
IMG_9870.png

My brother in law also likes the traditional archery system and has killed a good number of deer and elk. He just bought this black widow for this years seasons. I don’t know anything g about it but thought some of you would appreciate it
IMG_9894.jpeg

Bows are kind of like women. Once you handle one, you want to handle them all.
Handling two women at once is hard. Handling two bows at once is not possible.

You, my sir, win this round!

Handling two women at once is hard. Handling two bows at once is not possible.
Handling TWO Bows at once is very easy compared to being married to even one Woman - Bow’s don’t talk, Bows don’t care if you “listen to them”, bows don’t get Fat and aren’t jealous when you pick up another Bow

Can’t go wrong with a Mathew’s, Hoyt or Bowtec these days. I’m still shooting the last Mathew’s solo cam, non-split limb made and don’t want to upgrade for speed!

33” is the perfect ATA for a compound bow.
I’ve also been looking at a new bow to replace my 2004 Mathews Switchback.
I’ve shot every new bow I could. The new Mathews and Bowtech are great. So are the Elites and PSE’s… but… the real sleepers are the Dartons!
Their Performance vs Cost is second to none!
Good luck with your search.
@FlyGuy wow flyguy, I only use the term “Perfect” to apply to my Wife - not Axle-to-Axle length for Bows….but then again I was Born before 1980

Can’t go wrong with a Mathew’s, Hoyt or Bowtec these days. I’m still shooting the last Mathew’s solo cam, non-split limb made and don’t want to upgrade for speed!
I’m honing in on my search. I will shoot as many as I can. Right now the Mach 34 and phase 4 are looking good. Maybe the levitate, but I need to review cam options.

I’ve shot Hoyt’s for years and just setup a new Bowtech CarbonOne X. It’s a bit heavier than other Carbon bows but it makes it feel a little more dead in the hand. This will be the first Carbon bow I’ve owned since the Hoyt Carbon Spyder.

I’ve shot Hoyt’s for years and just setup a new Bowtech CarbonOne X. It’s a bit heavier than other Carbon bows but it makes it feel a little more dead in the hand. This will be the first Carbon bow I’ve owned since the Hoyt Carbon Spyder.
What do you think of that bow? Would you consider it better than the newer Hoyt bows?

What do you think of that bow? Would you consider it better than the newer Hoyt bows?
It’s all personal. I’m not normally a fan of Carbon Bows (hence I haven’t bought one since the Carbon Spyder). I feel there’s a lot of vibration in them when shooting. Because the CarbonOneX is a little heavier it takes that feeling out of it so I liked it. I tend to always like speed bows, and most of my past Hoyt’s were turbos, so I’m not as critical of the draw cycle but that’s a huge reason someone likes or doesn’t like a bow.

You just need to go and try a bunch of different bows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarissaclarkson387

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]