Three Sisters

I am confident that both the DGS and DGX in any of these three bullets lack the penetration capability be it Texas Chipmunks or the Montana sub species. You're going to end up with a lot of fragmentation. Possibly a 500 grain or DGX could provide the weight and structure to penetrate the shoulder of either of these animals. Expect the probability of being faced with a lot of tracking. with a minimal blood trail.
 
Ok, pretty meaningless post, unless you are a geek like me.

Three 400gr Hornady bullets...three different diameters...

View attachment 202415


Tim: I think your logic is very sound and message is clear. When selecting between three sisters, select the tall, slender one.


Now you aren't really loading any pitiful Hornady bullets are you?

I recently read another sad performance report on Hornady DGX bullets. Two friends were hunting buff in Tanz. They came across a massive old daggaboy and the first guy fired a swift A-Frame into the front shoulder from about 75 yard. The buff took a couple of steps and the front legs collapsed. However, the back half of the buff was still standing, so the guy fired the other barrel, this one with a Woodleigh solid. The buff hit the ground with a thud and lie motionless. The two hunters watched it for a minute or two and the other guy decided he should put another shot in it, just to be sure. From 30 yards, he fired his Hornady DGX into the seemingly lifeless buff, which promptly got up and ran off, never to be seen again. This is proof that the Hornady DGX doesn't kill critters and will actually bring them back to life.
(Note: this must be true, because we're reading it on the internet) :whistle:
 
This is proof that the Hornady DGX doesn't kill critters and will actually bring them back to life.

Maybe we can dig up Reagan or Truman or (insert favorite dead President) and pop them with a DGX?
 
Tim: I think your logic is very sound and message is clear. When selecting between three sisters, select the tall, slender one.
Now that's funny, and clever!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,620
Members
169,383
Latest member
Sheri37162
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top