Thoughts on bringing your own rifle?

If you really shoot your rifles well and know them inside out and you are very confident with them then take them along. if it is a rifle you just got and have not really bonded with or shot allot with then you might as well use the Outfitters rifle
I bought mine specifically to go to Africa and have shot it a ton since picking it up. The last thing I want is a wounded animal because I didn't practice enough. If I get them I want it to be nice and clean for their sake, it seems like it's something I owe them though I understand that may sound strange.
 
Good day Sir,
I have taken my firearms both times to SA with no issues at all, on our first trip to Limpopo we toured Kruger after the safari. We stayed at Afton Guest house before and after the tour so they were kind enough to take the firearms during that time (not sure if they still do that). Our second trip we toured the Eastern Cape (Jeffreys Bay, Garden route and Addo) after the Safari and our PH arranged to have someone look after the firearms while we were on tour. There is always a way if you look for it. Now that being said I am headed to Zambia in August so I decided I would rent instead of transiting through some sketchy countries with my own.
Good luck and have fun
 
12 hours in England will give you time to do this
Unknown.jpg
 
1. Did you use a hunting travel agent?
2. Are you changing airports in England?
3. You shouldn't have flown through England.

It's a fallacy that it's too much trouble to take your own gun. The only place I wouldn't take my own gun is Europe because they have excellent guns and I would take my wife and do some touring afterwards. Get a good travel agent and get going on safari with your own stuff!
Regards,
Philip
 
We always encourage clients to bring along their own rifles. You practise with it, you are used to it; it is not that challenging to travel with your rifle when you are prepared on what to expect during your travels. When travelling to Namibia for trophy hunting, it is now possible to apply online for a Temp. Import Permit from the Namibian Police. Let us know if you require information in this regard.
Ansie
 
If given the choice, I'd take my own. Just have all your import ducks in a row well before leaving.
 
It is no big deal both in and out of Namibia.
BUT.. if going thru South Africa en route to Namibia, you also must get a SA firearms permit.
Just be sure you have your US for 4457 .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,683
Members
169,822
Latest member
NestorBoyn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top