THOR is about done! (.600 Overkill)

Hey .. love it .. nice Stock/Barrel contrast etc.

Would love to see the other 5!
Assuming Bijou Creek.

MNR has a nice add. 20" 9.5lbs.
2 where AHR (plus the first 700 they made) and 1 English Double by Charles Osborne (1920s) and 3 by Bijou including this one shown on this post ...it was less than 8 3/4 pounds without scope!

Good Lawd! I handle a .458 Lott without problems but I would only want to watch someone shoot the Overkill! Definitely not a rifle to put a scope on! Hey @SAFARIKIDD I know where we can find you a bear in Spring 2026 and not very far from your other bear!
I got a 9ft one in 2007 with my 500 Jeffery (Custom 6.5pds!) and a huge 10'10" with a 338 back in 97..So i am due another one soon! What you have in mind ?!

Here is my first short 600..NO REGRETS and this is Mike of Bijou Creek who built it (plus many more unique BIG bores for me from 416 458 500 600) .As you can see Mike is no big heavy or muscular guy..maybe 170 pounds?
See how east he handles the recoil..I am 6ft 225 but know to roll with the recoil..never fight it..
Enjoy

Also note the 5 gallon bucket explosion and the penetration into the stumps!
But the ultimate display here of horsepower and torque is when he shoots the 55 gal drum full of water and hits it in the MIDDLE and it falls over on its side!!...We talking around 450pounds knocked over ! Imagine walking up to this barrel full of water and trying to push it over wirh your hands..from the top!..Would take a strong man straining his azz off....NOW imaging doing it again but pushing in the center..not from the top!!!! That's Serious Folks!

Nice!

What bullet are you working around for your loads?

I had hell's own time with the factory CZ trigger configuration/location within the trigger guard on a .458 Lott until it was replaced with one of Wayne's single stage that sat further back. Smashed my middle finger up something fierce. No issues for you with the factory one in that big a gun?

Nice!

What bullet are you working around for your loads?

I had hell's own time with the factory CZ trigger configuration/location within the trigger guard on a .458 Lott until it was replaced with one of Wayne's single stage that sat further back. Smashed my middle finger up something fierce. No issues for you with the factory one in that big a gun?
We got some 800s and 900s ..Softs..Dont need nothing fancy for dem Hogs! I have loaded them backwards for fun in the past! Never got anything with one (Yet) but should turn hogs inside out!
Screenshot_20230327_185523_Gallery.jpg

@SAFARIKIDD - Not that a follow up shot would be needed, but how long does it take to recover from the first shot to get an accurate second one off?

@SAFARIKIDD - Not that a follow up shot would be needed, but how long does it take to recover from the first shot to get an accurate second one off?
I have used 600s in Africa several times on Buff and other game and never had noticed recoil in the field and quick followup shots were never a problem ..I never was recoil conscious (unless a scope got me!)

I’ll try , ask away.
Thank you foremost. .. There is a .585 GMA I enquired about.
He sent me the above article on the .585's. The Nyati, Wells, Hubel/not mentioned, & the (GMA, with Brass available). There was or is the .585 AHR as well. Is the .585 AHR the same as the GMA?

11lbs, No break. .. but beautiful build, unique in it's own right.

Last edited:
Thank you foremost. .. There is a .585 GMA I enquired about.
He sent me the above article on the .585's. The Nyati, Wells, Hubel/not mentioned, & the (GMA, with Brass available). There was or is the .585 AHR as well. Is the .585 AHR the same as the GMA?

11lbs, No break. .. but beautiful build, unique in it's own right.
You might reach out to AHR for info on the 585 AHR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosie254013

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]