The leupold warranty

As others stated Leupold was the first "good" scopes I could afford. I am so glad I found the deal at the gun show, the bag of 3-9-33 ultralights are now spread on many rifles. Years later no need to choose any other brand.

Once I sent a bunch for "warranty" work. Seamed the power ring lube used did not work so well up here at -30 and power was set before leaving warmth. They knew about the issue and returned all free with the updated lube. Still using them today. Do admit gun numbers are now close to having all scopes mounted so if things continue I will be in market for scope. Leupold's they will be, with new knowledge of the VIP program I will be investigating.

Might add my Zeiss bino's did fog in that same -30 temps and they were also sent for repair. They were not repaired but new updated model was sent back.

MB

I’m really glad to read how Leupold stands behind their warranty, but I have to wonder what you guys do to scopes to get to test so many warranties! I’ve never had to send in a scope or pair of binoculars ever for any manufacturer.
I own 3 Leopold scopes and a couple of Burris a taco world class and a candles I believe was made by meopta. I have never had an issue with any despite the taco being mounted on a 12 gauge shotgun for 20 years.I must be living a charmed life as I have had zero issues with any.

I've found the best warranty is the one rarely, if ever, used. In that regard it's why all my optics have a gold ring. I've had to use their warranty service once in my life.
Agreed! I've owned 4 Vortex in my life and had issues with one, but to their credit, great customer service. I have owned, well, a LOT of Leupolds and only sent one back. Fixed and back no questions. One of the best customer service focused companies in the hunting community for sure.

My 25year old Leupold 1-4x20 Scandinavian had all signs of having taken in water, shipped it to the importer here in Norway in early September for them to arrange for shipping to US. Kind of expecting a new Freedom-scope in the approx same size and would have been OK with that.
Mailman had a packacage this morning; they have actually fully rebuilt the old scope and I am really superhappy of that!

Fantastic!
Now just need to put it back on the 404 and have some quality time at the range!

1702031103205.png

That’s cool-you should take it to Africa and give it a thorough test!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveRineh

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]