The leopard

I'll add another, stunning!!!

Not critiquing your pose at all but I see the same environment with its head lowered a few inches and mouth closed in full stalk position.

Congrats to yourself and @AZDAVE

I'll add another, stunning!!!

Not critiquing your pose at all but I see the same environment with its head lowered a few inches and mouth closed in full stalk position.

Congrats to yourself and @AZDAVE
Thank you for the complements. Yessir I should add some context, which I intend on doing it detail in the post I am working on for everyone in the making of this piece.
There are untold numbers of leopards on a left turn doing a variety of things in a variety of habitats. The thing is that particular pose is not commercially available anywhere. Anytime you see a leopard going up a rock in a very similar pose with a left turn the artist did a lot of work to build a form to make it do that. Additionally, the head in that leopard is not commercially available. We used a head cast and sculpted by Daniel himself and then I had to add an inch in length and width to the back of the head to get it to fit. That is an exceptionally large leopard.
Anyway, I am in the process of putting together an article on that entire piece beginning to end for everyone to show what all went into it.

I can't imagine how much time, experience and custom work went into that cat. I'm a perfectionist and this would drive me nuts getting every detail correct.

Can't wait to read the entire story.

I can't imagine how much time, experience and custom work went into that cat. I'm a perfectionist and this would drive me nuts getting every detail correct.

Can't wait to read the entire story.
It will absolutely drive you bat shit crazy. You have to remind yourself that some things just won’t be perfect. That’s ok though because nothing in nature is actually perfect or 1000% symmetrical.

Reactions: CJW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razorsharkRussel

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?