The First Mauser Kurz Small Ring & Only Second Known

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderfully put there Velo, can understand completely the sentiments you describe there in the end of your post. Every once in awhile when deep in the territories or northern BC, I bellow a long yell with a smile on my face for no apparent reason- just like shouting into a canyon. No matter how long I live and how old I get, I know that silly habit will never leave me. If it does, I've lost either the sensation of being in a remote place alone, and nobody within dozens of miles and even then only a couple souls, or I've lost the true wilds. Either way my time would be done on our planet.

Long live the wilds and those who appreciate them. And solitude.

Wonderfully put there Velo, can understand completely the sentiments you describe there in the end of your post. Every once in awhile when deep in the territories or northern BC, I bellow a long yell with a smile on my face for no apparent reason- just like shouting into a canyon. No matter how long I live and how old I get, I know that silly habit will never leave me. If it does, I've lost either the sensation of being in a remote place alone, and nobody within dozens of miles and even then only a couple souls, or I've lost the true wilds. Either way my time would be done on our planet.

Long live the wilds and those who appreciate them. And solitude.

Ardent,

I salute you, my fellow Wild Man !

And, I do something similar - When not actually hunting, I try to make the same sounds that I can hear when I'm in the Wilderness.

What I think is about the highest compliment I have ever received was when I was chirping out a bird call, to answer one in the trees around us, during a lunch break, near the Olifants River (Limpopo/South Africa) the Tracker said: "that's pretty good".

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Thanks Witold! Lucky to have enjoyed her company, now somebody else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fdjhtyrtrj

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
Gunslinger1971@yahoo.com
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.