Image1717529022.789113.jpg
858.JPG
783.JPG
Image1717529165.037091.jpg
578.JPG
505.JPG
496.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Snapped a quick picture of my own lovely lady on the porch before work today. I'm awful at taking pictures...

IMG_20240604_111149658.jpg

Double rifles are like women. They are beautiful, wonderful to hold, stubborn, picky and expensive. :LOL::LOL: This Merkel 9.3x74R is the only one that has survived my life changes. I have killed everything from turkey to eland with it.

kudu wMerkel.JPG

Safe hunting

My favorites are old and new - traditional and radical.

My radical double is the most used. And why not? It shoots MOA from each barrel and 2.5 inch four shot LxR LxR groups at 100 yards - whether in .375 or 30-06 configuration. It has taken cape buffalo and a wide selection of plains game.
doublerifle1.jpg

Blaser S2 Double Rifle

Blaser S2 Double Rifle

My favorite is a Kessler in 9,3x74R that was built around WWI. It is nearly as accurate as the S2, and though it has not been to Africa, it has accounted for one black bear and several feral hogs.
double3.jpg

9.3x74R Double Rifle

I'll include a third which was a favorite of my old friend Tony Makris until I convinced him he needed a double .375 more. I regret to say I have scarcely used it, but Tony took both Lion and Buffalo with it in Zimbabwe. It is an extraordinary Suhl built little 9.3x74Rx16.
doublerifle2.jpg

Pre-war German Double Rifle Drilling in 9.3x74R

All three, and particularly the S2, are extremely practical hunting arms.

Really love those clams on the Kessler

Just back from a buffalo hunt in SA..it was a joy to shoot this old dagga boy at 25m with my scoped .470..

BF 6.jpeg

BF 1.jpeg

Yes Krieghoff..

BF 2.jpeg

BF 3.jpeg
BF 7.jpeg

Ahhhhhhh... what a beautiful old bull!

That is a gorgeous old bull, well done. Did he run far?

No..one Hornady DGX bonded and a DGS in the left barrel took him in the heart and lungs...he did not manage to run at all..

Here is a picture of my Chapuis 470 Nitro and my 2024 Cape Buffalo. Although I didn't kill the Buffalo with the double, I did use it for the fallow up and gave the bull a insurance shot with it. I also used it to finish off my Sable with a racking shot from the right ham through the left shoulder and exited. I used Hornady 500grn DGX bonded factory ammo.
IMG-20240609-WA0014.jpg
20240615_205727.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottieWilt

Latest profile posts

expoB wrote on BushPig1963's profile.
Btw .. he has physically beat, abused verbally, mentally, financially abused women and in every way imaginable. Fact check, background check. He is HORRIBLE!!!
I am tired of him blowing up lives and walking off into the sunset leaving destruction in his wake. Over here in the US... Not in Africa...just so you know. I was not his victim but know some of them.
expoB wrote on BushPig1963's profile.
Senga Senga MZ . US rep Brad Joseph Clemens is involved! Con artist, owes people money. Pathological liar. Lies w/out remorse and convincingly.Doesn't reside in Oregon, he is FROM Oregon. Was living in Great falls MT til mid march... Disappeared recently.Believe a word he says & be played a fool! 1st hand knowledge. He is convicted felon. This is why he bow hunts. can't own a gun! background chk! MONSTER
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Btw.... Brad Clemens took deposit money from Dy
. Brad was living in Great Falls as of a few months ago. He keeps running and hiding. Sound familiar. None of you posting have any idea what is really going on. Brad is a pathological liar. Don't believe any quote or anything that comes out of his mouth. He is a horrible person...1st hand knowledge and his name is toxic to many in the hunting world.
We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!