The Collector

redriverjake

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Europe, Middle East, Australia
You've been chosen.

A real dream come true you're thinking. They told you that you got to go where no man or woman had ever even dreamed of going, much less a hunter. They have found a plant that might, just might, be within reach of our newest rockets. They say from all of their data that it's more than similar to earth but shows signs that it could also be a bit younger. By their best guesses maybe even by a million years younger. No visible signs of human or other habitation. There are oceans, mountains, great forests, and plains... I need to sit down.

Your craft, they said, will orbit the planet until it senses a relatively safe place to enter the atmosphere and land. It decides what that place is going to be. Your ship is fairly large. Large enough for you to fit all of the gear and shit you thought you'll need to survive for the three years you're there. They want you to document the conditions and also collect plant and wildlife to bring back.

There's one small catch... You get to take any three firearms you want and all of the ammo you think you'd need for that period of time. Only the three. They can be in any mixture you decide fit. 1x rifle 1x shotgun 1x pistol, 3 rifles, etc.

It's you, your gear, and an entire planet of who knows what waiting outside that door. What do you take?

Damn.

I'd keep it simple. A 12 ga pump shotgun, .22 lr rifle, and a Barrett .50. You just never know what you might run into and if the shotgun and 22 don't work on it I am sure that the .50 would and if it doesn't all you are going to be is a snack.

I like the simple things myself but I wouldn't plan on hauling that .50 around everywhere.

Personally, I think I'd have to go with:
870 express
M29 .44 mag
Custom Winchester m70 stainless .416 Rem mag 5+1

I hate not not take my 22, 30-06, and or my .375 H&H for that matter. As much as I'd hate it, I could live without them. My thought process is... With the 12ga I can carry all types of shells, 7 1/2-000 buck and slugs. The .44 can be used for all different sorts of close range work. The .416 can do most anything just as the .375 will with a little more down range authority without having to carry a much heavier weapon/ammo. I plan on covering some country.

I'm thinking...
1911 (45)
AR10 (7.62)
and 470NE

Just in case......

m134d-1_zpsf1dbd3ce.jpg

Attachments

• m134d-1_zpsf1dbd3ce.jpg
    m134d-1_zpsf1dbd3ce.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 80
Drilling 12ga x 12ga x 30-06
375 H&H
22 LR - speedmaster (the short version)

.375, Remington 12G, and a Glock .40

In this scenario, I think I'd like a light sabre please.

Ho much is dip and pack from there? Any chance USFW will let you import? BahHaHa

1911 (10mm) with 200gn hardcast
12 ga
.416 Rem Mag
Good pair of running shoes
Fragmentation grenades
Claymores

A 50 cal M2 with ATV for rapid movement! The 45 cal judge with both types ammo! The Browning Semi Auto 12 ga shotgun!

since we don't know what's there, this is my wish list:
12 gax12 ga drilling over 7x65R with a .22 magnum insert barrel. One of the good German makes, Kreighoff, Merkel etc.
7.62 NATO (.308) auto/semi auto like the FN FAL
Mauser bolt action in .416 Remington.

This sound like a gun makers and hand loaders dream. When you come back just think of all the new gun designs and loads that will have to be developed

12 gauge shotgun (Audubon and Darwin were both very good with shotguns)
30-06 because a properly placed 30-06 round can kill anything:A Stirring:
22lr with silencer in case there are zombies:E Crazy:

This becomes fun when you start to think about what did the great explores take and why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the mini gun mount on the top of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyinglazyt