The Addiction Continues...

24D26E98-C6AA-422C-AF2C-9C0BBB0C4045.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My friends, there is no treatment and no cure for this addiction we gladly endure except to DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. I just got back from # 3 and am already planning # 4 for next year.
 
Have 8 under my belt, had a plan last year but the country (s) sort of went south with security issues. No plans at the moment, but it surely is a thing isn't it? Nice buffalo.
 
Six and planning seven. A good friend is on twenty four and still planning.

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here".

Just an update and a cautionary tale, my good friend with twenty four hunts in Africa did not make twenty five. Last hunt was at age seventy, now seventy two and in a home with Alzheimers. He went downhill in one year. Don't dawdle or wait until retirement to live your dreams. Do it while your health is still good.
 
After trying last year to break the habit, I have relapsed again. Flying out May 4th to begin trip number four.
Best of luck and don’t forget us at AH! Please report and post pictures!
 
Will try to do a better job of getting a better report posted this year.

This trip will not include buffalo, only plains game. Concentrating on Sable, Roan, Nyala, Tessebee, Red Lechwe and Bushbuck this time around. A few of the smaller varieties are also a possibility. Will be hunting in the Free State & Kwazulu-Natal, with 12 hunting days.
 
Good luck, shoot straight. Trip number 4 in 2020.
 
Sounds like a nice plan to me. Which Outfitter are you going with? What rifle(s) will you be using?
 
Will try to do a better job of getting a better report posted this year.

This trip will not include buffalo, only plains game. Concentrating on Sable, Roan, Nyala, Tessebee, Red Lechwe and Bushbuck this time around. A few of the smaller varieties are also a possibility. Will be hunting in the Free State & Kwazulu-Natal, with 12 hunting days.

Oh this sounds like lots of fun!
 
Sounds like a nice plan to me. Which Outfitter are you going with? What rifle(s) will you be using?

This will make trip #4 with Ricus de Villiers & White Lion Safaris. Really can't say enough good about Ricus and the rest of his oufit...everything has always been as agreed to.

As far as the rifle...I will again be using Ricus' Ruger M77 in .338 Win. Mag. It has not failed me in 3 previous trips and I avoid the hassle/risk of damage or theft of taking my own.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,133
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top