The .22 Hornet in Africa?

The hornet loaded with the 30 grain varmit grenade would be ideal for chest shots on the tiny 10. Reasonable penetration and very explosive. Very rare to have exits. I have used it on rabbits large feral cats and a head shot nanny.
All dropped to the shot. Rabbits were a bit of a mess but the o there looked like they died of a heart attack.
Bob

the Hornet would certainly be the last weapon I would take to Africa.
no range
sensitive to wind
shrub sensitive
no exit
no blood
no cut hair
Every dog handler is horrified when called to a search where a .22 Hornet was fired.
Here in Germany this is only allowed on a maximum of foxes and badgers, but our badgers weigh up to 15 KG (I shot one with 17 KG the other day)
If the shot is weak and you don't get a sharp dog immdiately that is faithful to the track , the animal is lost forever ( I dont talk about rabbits,we have none here). Exceptions confirm the rule, but I don't like them over 80m.
We shoot the calibre on " Varmint" mostly at night and I have been doing this from my Drilling for 40 years and a dog is always to my feet.
I would never burden myself in Africa with a gun that only fires a 46 grain/3 gram bullet.
I would take one solid from my PG gun and good it is.
Just my view
Foxi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ftresdtrswhes45

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?