Thank you Very Much

Sorry 35bore, please excuse the son of a worthless camel driver. How are you mate?
 
You are correct spike.t. They were brought over by Afghans when the railway between Darwin and Adelaide was being built. They were great beasts of burden and when the railway was completed they turned the camels loose. Now, there are large numbers of them living in the outback (desert). They are becoming such a problem they are classed as pests and shot on sight.
Two things of interest; UAE actually buy camesl over here for their camel races. The other, there are so few camels in the middle east, that the Bedowins(I think thats how you spell it), have to pay over $1000 each for them. Hope that helps.
 
You are correct spike.t. They were brought over by Afghans when the railway between Darwin and Adelaide was being built. They were great beasts of burden and when the railway was completed they turned the camels loose. Now, there are large numbers of them living in the outback (desert). They are becoming such a problem they are classed as pests and shot on sight.
Two things of interest; UAE actually buy camesl over here for their camel races. The other, there are so few camels in the middle east, that the Bedowins(I think thats how you spell it), have to pay over $1000 each for them. Hope that helps.

I wonder what it would cost to ship 1000 camels to the Beduins? $$$
 
Same thought crossed my mind. The camels they muster(roundup) over here is done by chopper and motorbikes. They are coralled and placed into trucks and shipped off. But they only take the best camels and they are used for racing in UAE. I can just imagine it now Diamondhitch; you an I standing out there in the desert with those robes on and wearing reflective sunglasses looking like a couple of Arab pimps in front of a sign that says Achmed's used and new camels. $1000 ride away no more to pay.
 
Hi spike.t, There's nothing like a cold beer after a hot hunt. Be nice boys!

No fret wayne, spike and I have a drinking issue.... Issue is that we haven't drank together YET... I am sure it will be a sight to behold, hell someone may write a book about the event..

:beer::rockon::loco::thumb::draught:
 
A bit like BUBBA J, the Jeff Dunham puppet, but I'd really like to get together sometime (all of ya), have a quiet drink and talk bullshit. THAT WOULD BE GREAT FUN & hilarious. Just had me birthday and my eldest daughter said to me, "Dad how do you know your'e getting old?", I said, "I don't know love," She replied, "When you start having dry dreams and wet farts." I showed her the door very quickly. The hide of bloody kids nowadays. BOY!!!!
 
No fret wayne, spike and I have a drinking issue.... Issue is that we haven't drank together YET... I am sure it will be a sight to behold, hell someone may write a book about the event..

:beer::rockon::loco::thumb::draught:

HAH just got home from 3 birthday parties on the same day :whoo::draught: now wayne its bedouin !! have to keep you colonials correct :p;) an scott it wont be a book it will be an EPIC hollywood production OF NOTE !!:cool: !!!!:draught::eyecrazy::rockon::loco::heh: wayne as an aussie maybe you can drink a little bit......:rolleyes::D so you are welcome to join in the genteel drinking session, that will ensue at a suitable place ,that purveys the quality, quantity, and different types of alcohol that i and scott require. you of course will have an unlimited amount of fosters,tooheys,hahn,kb,xxxx,melbourne bitter,swan,boags,emu....... your choice! ;):laughing: and all sleep well wherever and whenever you go to sleep on the planet. :)
 
Strike me pink spike.t I'm pissed already. Truth is the older you get the less you can drink. 2 drinks and I'm anybodies. I might be chaep but I'm not easy, and thanks for the spelling correction, I wasn't quite sure how you spelt it.....oh...gawd..I know whats coming; it spelt I....T moron. I knew I left me self open.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,357
Messages
1,574,066
Members
169,895
Latest member
PatriceWal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top