Texas Trophy Hunters Outdoors Extravaganza- Dallas, January 10-12

If I was a betting on it.
I suspect if show does well, which indications are it will. TTHA/SCI will sign a long term contract for dates in January. Since renovations are being done in phases and DSC moved to Atlanta

Last edited:
A lot depends on the list of exhibitors. If there were a lot of international outfitters I would be tempted to go. Heck I might go just to discuss one-on-one with Gerritt and for the get-together at MD West's place. But if it's mostly gadgetry and whitetail leases; hard pass.

A lot depends on the list of exhibitors. If there were a lot of international outfitters I would be tempted to go. Heck I might go just to discuss one-on-one with Gerritt and for the get-together at MD West's place. But if it's mostly gadgetry and whitetail leases; hard pass.

It wont be just whitetail leases... the "small" show was this past weekend in Fort Worth... Im just guessing at the numbers.. but I'd say it was about 60% "stuff" (guns, ammo, clothing, optics, etc) and about 40% outfitters.. of the outfitters I'd guess 2/3 were US based, but were from all over the country (Elk hunts in Montana, Bear hunts in Alaska, etc) and about 1/3 were from outside the US (A couple of European and Canadian outfitters, but mostly African, to include at least 2 that are sponsors here)..

My guess is the January show will be much more "international" focused.. Ive seen a pretty substantial uptick in the presence of international outfitters over the last few years at the regional shows that TTHA does (5 years ago there might have been 5 or 6 African outfitters... where there were probably 20 this past weekend at the Ft. Worth show)..

I know theyre pushing to fill about 2/3 of the space in Kay Bailey that DSC typically fills... it would be impossible to do that with folks selling deer properties for hunting, and with just guys selling blinds, UTVs, and camo... theyre going to have to lean in hard on the companies that arent making the transition to attend DSC in Atlanta and also pick up people that have been on the DSC waiting list for a while that want to do a show, but havent been able to get into DSC or SCI yet..

I’m I’m free with work I plan on making at least one night of the show.

As for guys like @Mark Biggerstaff @Green Chile who commented on Lonesome Dove the restaurant is amazing. I’ve eaten there several times there’s normally protesters out front complaining about something. Their menu also changes a bit.

Another good one with wild game is Y.O. Ranch. It’s a short Uber ride from the convention center. The Mexican place across the street is also very good.

Were there actually guns at the Fort Worth show this year? That was one of my disappointments when attending last year.

I would be in for eating with the group. Please no Gilley’s.

Were there actually guns at the Fort Worth show this year? That was one of my disappointments when attending last year.

I would be in for eating with the group. Please no Gilley’s.
I believe there were some dealers in Houston and Ft Worth. I heard a rumor the ATF shut a booth down and kicked them out of the show for selling, but I personally wasn’t there to observe or confirm it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centerfoldslasvegas

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe