Texas Trophy Hunters Outdoors Extravaganza- Dallas, January 10-12

August 9-11 at the Ft Worth convention center…

It’s a bit pricey.. but Tim Loves restaurant that serves wild game is in my opinion one of the best restaurants in the DFW metroplex..

The last time we went we took Gerrit from @Bos en Dal SAFARIS and his wife with with us… we ate until I thought we were all going to pop lol…
That’s one mouth watering menu!

I know that @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS will have a booth there. I'm not sure who exactly will be in the booth, I'm pretty sure Jacques will be in Atlanta.

I also know that @KWALATA SAFARIS will have a booth there. It seems like many of the African outfitters have jumped on this, likely due to the SCI / TTHA affiliation.

Don't want to derail the thread, but question is if the Kay Bailey Hutchison is available during those dates, why is DSC not being held there?
Thought they were tearing it down?

Don't want to derail the thread, but question is if the Kay Bailey Hutchison is available during those dates, why is DSC not being held there?
Thought they were tearing it down?
I have no idea, but that's a question a lot of people are asking.....

My understanding (from a senior executive at Omni... the hotel that is adjacent to the convention center) is Kay Bailey is not being torn down...

Its going to go through a major renovation and parts of it will be taken down and rebuilt...

But they intend on keeping the convention center open through the entire renovation..

Parts of the lobby area are supposed to undergo renovation first.. which POSSIBLY could have been the motivation for DSC going on and moving in 2025.. maybe they thought that would be a major detractor and make it difficult for participants to flow in and out, etc..

But if what Im being told is correct, they arent going to touch the actual convention hall area where all the booths are normally set up until 2026... and even then, it will be done in phases so that the majority of the hall will be available throughout the entire renovation/rebuild process..

The Hunters Extravaganza has three shows in August for anyone that doesn't want to wait until January. I will be exhibiting at all three shows so please stop by and say hello at the RESERVE RANCH booth.

Houston at the NRG Center August 2 to 4, booth H239

Fort Worth at the Fort Worth Convention Center August 9 to 11, booth F287

San Antonio at the Freeman Expo Hall August 16 to 18, booth S1623

My understanding (from a senior executive at Omni... the hotel that is adjacent to the convention center) is Kay Bailey is not being torn down...

Its going to go through a major renovation and parts of it will be taken down and rebuilt...

But they intend on keeping the convention center open through the entire renovation..

Parts of the lobby area are supposed to undergo renovation first.. which POSSIBLY could have been the motivation for DSC going on and moving in 2025.. maybe they thought that would be a major detractor and make it difficult for participants to flow in and out, etc..

But if what Im being told is correct, they arent going to touch the actual convention hall area where all the booths are normally set up until 2026... and even then, it will be done in phases so that the majority of the hall will be available throughout the entire renovation/rebuild process..
All good and well Dave. What happens to TTHA when DSC goes back to Kay Bailey Hutchison in 2029?
Tough for guys who only do the TTHA show in Dallas and then have to give it all up after just about settling in.

The Hunters Extravaganza has three shows in August for anyone that doesn't want to wait until January. I will be exhibiting at all three shows so please stop by and say hello at the RESERVE RANCH booth.

Houston at the NRG Center August 2 to 4, booth H239

Fort Worth at the Fort Worth Convention Center August 9 to 11, booth F287

San Antonio at the Freeman Expo Hall August 16 to 18, booth S1623

Will you be exhibiting at the show in January?

All good and well Dave. What happens to TTHA when DSC goes back to Kay Bailey Hutchison in 2029?
Tough for guys who only do the TTHA show in Dallas and then have to give it all up after just about settling in.

I honestly don’t know.

Has DSC secured Kay Bailey already for 2029? If not they may find themselves with a problem.. especially if the TTHA show proves successful…

Weatherby has already pulled its award banquet from DSC and moved it to SCI… I would imagine if Atlanta doesn’t go well for DSC that other vendors and show participants may bail on them as well..

And now DSC is operating without a CEO…

I’m afraid DSC is navigating some difficult waters right now..

I’m hopeful they get things figured out and continue to be an organization that does great things for conservation and hunters in general…

But for the moment it appears DSC is waning rather than waxing…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarlandDem

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?