Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, DSC
Hunted
USA, CANADA, AFRICA
That you feel comfortable bringing African game to. A one stop shop as an importer is a plus. Thanks

Check with @gizmo from Top of Texas Taxidermy. He is a sponsor here and has done work for a lot of us on this forum.

Woods and Water just south of Conroe. They are a USDA importer as well. They have done a lot of work for me and my friends over the years and will continue to use them.

CONROE TAXIDERMY

Thanks y'all. I have used taxidermists in Africa ( and am pleased with their work) the last couple of times and am headed back soon so I wanted to check out U.S. first.

Conroe Taxidermy in Conroe, just north of Houston. They do excellent work and I have used them for five African hunts. They have done about 35 African animals for me. Check out their website.

Ben Cromer with Tri State in Houston is another to add to your list of the big names mentioned above

@gizmo isnt within 2 Hours of Houston but he does deliver. He’s up in the panhandle but has done a bunch of work for people in Houston. He’s don’t 2 safaris for me, is presently working on stuff from my 3rd. I’m around 2 hours from Houston, you’re welcome to come see some of his work at my house.

Double Nickel in New Braunfels. They have a website, FB and IG page to view their work.

David Major in Cypress, TX (northwest Houston area) has done several mounts for me over the past 15 years or so. Excellent work and reasonable turnaround time (6-9 months usually).

I would be very happy to help you. As been mentioned I am in the panhandle but I deliver to the Houston area.

x2 on Conroe Taxidermy.

Mike Baird with B&B Taxidermy in nw Houston has done all of my African work. I guess about 50 animals from 19 safaris. Just does not get any better.

Mike Baird with B&B Taxidermy in nw Houston has done all of my African work. I guess about 50 animals from 19 safaris. Just does not get any better.
Sending my 2022 Mozambique and 2024 Cameroon trophies to B&B when they arrive.(y)

Thank you everyone those are some good leads.

I've used B&B Taxidermy in the past for mounts while hunting in Texas. Whitetails, javelina and Rio Grande turkeys. Excellent work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uieunnsb

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.
Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!