Taxidermy cost differences?

I have to agree with Hagar on this one. Taxidermy costs are high enough even when using African companys. I like to use my money on the hunt and prefers European mounts, wich give me a trophy for low cost. I also think my money are best spend in the country I visit. We cant brag about how hunting are saving wildlife and habitats in Africa and on the other hand want to spend our money in our home countrys because of jobs and economy. Doesnt make sense IMO.

I beg to differ that your taxidermy dollar goes to help your wildlife conservation causes.
The hunt fees and trophy fees and goverment fees do but pulling in taxidermy dollar is a stretch.
If it's about money, that's okay. Everyone needs to do what makes them happy and have a more fullfilling life and leisure.
I guess I'm so old school I need to get out of this post.
I support my country, my economy , my industry, and my fellow Amercans when I possible can in whatever I buy.
It may cost me more but that's the price I pay for feeling the way I feel about the U S

Dennis remember it is an international forum you are posting to.
You love your country, good on you.

As you note everyone has to decide where they spend their money. Their choice.

I have seen more "stolen forms" than I can begin to think of. In Canada and the US.
Someone grabs a form and changes it just enough to call it their own and starts producing them.
Does everyone ask their taxi where they got the forms? Where the supplier got the forms? I doubt it.

I have seen the mass production outfits and the small one and two man shops in Namibia and South Africa.
I have seen some HORRIBLE work and photos that would scare you.
I have also seen award winning sculpture and taxidermy that is excellent.

I have a trophy Whitetail on my wall that was produced by a "world leading" taxidermist at the time. It is "listening for worms". The cape is stretched over a form that is way to large for it. I knew no different at the time. Now I do.
So, crap is produced on both sides of that big blue ocean.

Of course the costs differ. Third World vs First World.
Average wages for skilled labour $2000 per annum.

The pictures you share of your work are very good to excellent and I appreciate you sharing them.
Keep up your good work and show people why they should use you!!

FYI some reading sources:
Enviro Policy
Environmental Health and Safety

Tannery waste Water Control
www.ewisa.co.za/literature/files/1989%20-%2010.pdf

Thanks Brickburn, I agree hacks in the US as much as anywhere.
This Industry requires less info and less testing that getting a drivers licsense , in fact no testing at all.
And these taxidermists are trusted with thousands of dollars of trophies to mount...

I have offered a question to clients to ask any taxidermist , not how much but how good, and if their prices are cheap ask how they do it so cheap?

I just got some issues with not spending money to help your fellow, good, honest working man in the U S.

Your so right on this you can get garbage anywhere.
I try to help other taxidermists with training and seminars and whatever I can wherever I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BirgitDuns

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia