TANZANIA: Safari ya Marafiki (Safari of Friends) Mwatisi Safaris

A great experience, I always hunt with friends, I believe it brings more enjoyment, the evenings around the fire sharing stories, DG hunts when you go along, just in case !

Looks like you had a great hunt with great friends. Congrats to all involved!

What a great time that would have been. Minus the malaria of course! I wish I could convince some of my friends to go to Africa!

What a hunt with great friends. I’ve been waiting for a report on this hunt. Sorry about the malaria episode.

Thanks for a great report, better laye than never. Sounds and looks like you all had a fun time. Congratulations.

Bob it was a true honor to be included in that hunt. This brings back such wonderful memories. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

What license did you have, or was it possible to share a license between the group? I’m thinking with the cats it would have to be a 21 or 24 day license?

Great adventure with great friends - thanks for sharing it along with the great photos!

Bob it was a true honor to be included in that hunt. This brings back such wonderful memories. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Bob, the feeling is mutual. I had a great time with special people in a neat place. We will definitely have to do it again.

What license did you have, or was it possible to share a license between the group? I’m thinking with the cats it would have to be a 21 or 24 day license?

We had 21 day licenses. The hunt was 21 days. Total trip was almost a full month. Especially for Royal and me. We missed our flight at Dar and spent two extra nights. Bob and Gina made their flights. They were on a different airline.

Thanks Bob, so glad you posted this report. It sounds like a wonderful trip shared by a bunch of good friends.
Quality animals all the way around, but I love the coloration on that leopard. A beaut for sure. Interesting he was in such good health despite that injured jaw.
And if there is one take-away I got from your pictures, no matter if he lives to be 90 years old, Royal is going to die with a full head of hair! It’s just not right… :E Console:

Thanks Bob, so glad you posted this report. It sounds like a wonderful trip shared by a bunch of good friends.
Quality animals all the way around, but I love the coloration on that leopard. A beaut for sure. Interesting he was in such good health despite that injured jaw.
And if there is one take-away I got from your pictures, no matter if he lives to be 90 years old, Royal is going to die with a full head of hair! It’s just not right… :E Console:

I was shocked when I opened the leopards mouth. He was in great shape and had fat on him. Not sure how he was able to do it. Leopards are so unique in their coloration. I have a leopard my dad shot from the same ecosystem that is very pale.

Waiting for Royal to go dreadlocks. The guy wouldn't need extensions.

Is that a scar on the zebra’s hip? Or just the way the stripes line up?

Simply Outstanding !!

I was shocked when I opened the leopards mouth. He was in great shape and had fat on him. Not sure how he was able to do it. Leopards are so unique in their coloration. I have a leopard my dad shot from the same ecosystem that is very pale.

Waiting for Royal to go dreadlocks. The guy wouldn't need extensions.
:E Lol:

Is that a scar on the zebra’s hip? Or just the way the stripes line up?

Hard to tell. Initially it seemed like a scar and the stripes not lining up, but I didn't feel any scar tissue.

The top black stripe might match up but then the second doesn't. May just be similar to a birth mark. It looks/feels different from other zebra that I have seen with obvious scars that have healed.

I posted a message earlier, but it disappeared.... So here goes again.

First off, THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU TO @Wheels. I'm a big believer in "trips in a lifetime" and not "trip of a lifetime." This one though was truly special. And being with @ActionBob and @Just Gina as well made it even more so.

I'm gonna have to get to writing myself!

One day Royal’s vehicle had problems. Royal and Shahbek (Royal’s ph) came with us. We saw some fifteen or so bulls leaving water and followed up. They joined a herd. I wounded one in the group. He was the softest buff I shot. I was probably confused on which bull I was being told to shoot. We followed up and got another shot in him. Then we had to leave him for the night. We followed up the next day and found him. I had a total of 1200 grains in him (600 the first day and 600 the second) and Royal had 1500 grains the second day, so perhaps Royal is the one who really got the soft bossed bull. ;)

Anyone who hunts buffalo always in the back of his mind wants to follow up a wounded buffalo. It's part of why we do it. Problem is, none of us want to be the one who wounds it, so thank you Bob. ;) I have to admit that emptying my Lott into your buffalo was quite the experience and I sure was happy when he finally tipped over!
There was leopard everywhere.
This is an understatement. All the baits had cats. We literally hung ONE bait that didn't get hit by a cat and it had hyenas on it.
Lion

I will leave this subject to my friends to talk about.

There were lions there in addition to leopards??? Wish I'd known! :cool:
Tse tse fly were bad. I have never had a reaction to the bites before. This year they raised welts that lasted for days. I had a couple of thick weave shirts that I started wearing as light jackets to keep the flies from biting through.

I did get a bite on my elbow that itched for like 30 minutes. :A Outta:

Note: If you want people to be really nice to you be the only one who brings Benadryl and AfterBite to a remote camp in Tse Tse fly areas. LOL

I posted a message earlier, but it disappeared.... So here goes again.

First off, THANK YOU THANK THANK YOU TO @Wheels. I'm a big believer in "trips in a lifetime" and not "trip of a lifetime." This one though was truly special. And being with @ActionBob and @Just Gina as well made it even more so.

I'm gonna have to get to writing myself!

Anyone who hunts buffalo always in the back of his mind wants to follow up a wounded buffalo. It's part of why we do it. Problem is, none of us want to be the one who wounds it, so thank you Bob. ;) I have to admit that emptying my Lott into your buffalo was quite the experience and I sure was happy when he finally tipped over!

This is an understatement. All the baits had cats. We literally hung ONE bait that didn't get hit by a cat and it had hyenas on it.

There were lions there in addition to leopards??? Wish I'd known! :cool:

I did get a bite on my elbow that itched for like 30 minutes. :A Outta:

Note: If you want people to be really nice to you be the only one who brings Benadryl and AfterBite to a remote camp in Tse Tse fly areas. LOL

Better get to writing. The longer you wait the worse the dementia kicks in. :ROFLMAO:

Happy to have you follow up a buffalo with me any time. Hopefully it is your buff next time.

Benadryl and AfterBite. Thanks for packing it for me this trip. ;)

We will definitely have to do it again one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GuillermoH

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.