TANZANIA: Rungwa Game Reserve

If y’all just hunted a year ago in Tanzania, your trophies are not really late yet. It can take up to two years and 1 to 1.5 years is normal. The only free-range country that got my trophies to me quickly was Zambia. That’s probably because my outfitter did his own dip/pack and paperwork with the government but most outfitters do not.

WTA is a good organization and if they are now working a different angle on it, then it should be successful. If not, let me know. I helped a guy from MT get his buffalo out of Mozambique a few years ago after he got the run-around. I took my friend, Barbara Crown, (previously of The Hunting Report and now with SCI) to the outfitter’ booth at SCI and lit a fire under the outfitter. Buffalo got shipped a couple weeks later.
Thanks, much appreciated!
I'm afraid I haven't been able to get mine back either. All I've been able to secure are promises, broken ones. I am curious about what you said of some WTA scheme; how would that work? Any specifics on that?
No specifics other than WTA was paying a different outfitter to pay the government to get the trophies released.

That's exciting news. What outfit are you going with? I presume you're taking your own rifle this time; what is it?
We will be going with Kwadiwa Ranch/ TG Safaris and renting a rifle.
I'm sure you've seen my new 375 H&H. Just installed the scope today any will be shooting it this weekend. Also supposed to be taking delivery of Peregrine bullets Friday.

Can't help you there. My taxidermist was/is going to do all that if those critters ever get released.

Good luck and good hunting

This is a bucketlist trip for me. Rungwa, from what I've seen and heard, is just a wild place. I enjoyed reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88games

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt