TANZANIA: Kilombero North Safaris 2023

Congrats on a great safari with good people and friends! Tanzania and other wild areas are special places. I’m sure you’ll be back. I liked your thoughts at the end of the video. It’s always bittersweet leaving camp and heading home!
Thank you! I am hoping to find myself back there again this coming fall but we'll see if I can convince my buddy to go back. Headed to SCI in a few weeks to try and figure it out. I am finding out that I actually tend to focus more on destination and experience than just quantity of animals to be stacked.

Congratulations on a great hunt. KNS has been on my wish list for almost 2 years now. Your video is pushing me closer and closer. Impressed with your newly learned videography and editing skills. Curious what you had for equipment

Congratulations on a great hunt. KNS has been on my wish list for almost 2 years now. Your video is pushing me closer and closer. Impressed with your newly learned videography and editing skills. Curious what you had for equipment
Glad I can contribute to the addiction that haunts us all! KNS is great and depending on what you're looking for they have an excellent area for anything all over Tanzania. I instantly fell in love with Buffalo hunting and their Kilombero valley concession has some of the best if not best genetics in Africa to find a giant old bull. There is very little plains game in the valley but it is ideal for hippo, buff, sable, waterbuck, hartebeest, puku and massive crocs.

For my filming setup, I settled on a couple of Sony A7 SIIIs coupled with Gmaster lens and a dji mavic air 2 drone. I would now refine my kit slightly with a much longer lens and mono pod for distance capture. Not an easy task trying to build a very simplified set up to capture 4K that is small enough to carry for hours but also have enough battery life for 14 hour day.... also while hunting.

Outstanding hunt. Not sure how I missed it when first posted. Those are two great bulls and I bet the one on the left outscored the one on the right. The older one gets (and more full the trophy room) the more important the experience over the collection.

And successfully used a R8 on dangerous game - imagine that! :cool:

Glad this report came back to the top, as I had missed it too. Great video and great hunt, congratulations @Safariswestcam!!

Outstanding hunt. Not sure how I missed it when first posted. Those are two great bulls and I bet the one on the left outscored the one on the right. The older one gets (and more full the trophy room) the more important the experience over the collection.

And successfully used a R8 on dangerous game - imagine that! :cool:
Thanks @Red Leg , it was an incredible hunt and not only did I use the Blaser successfully, it solidified in my mind there is not a better option for the traveling big game hunter!

CK

KNS is a first class outfit with some of the most impressive blocks in Tanzania. I am a Licensed PH with KNS and take all my Tanzania Hunts to their areas, you cannot go wrong.
Cheers Ernest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameronPro

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim