TANZANIA: Experience With Pano Hunting Safaris?

That really is a bad deal. I had the same thing happen but refused to let it ruin Africa for me. It is a buyer beware situation. I’m a heavy reference guy but that’s not foolproof. An agent at least gives you someone to speak with or air your grievances.

Have any of you hunted with Pano Calavrias with Pano Hunting Safaris in Tanzania? He had a cape buffalo hunt donated to an auction of which I looked at and have since dicussed potential options for a hunt.

Thanks in advance.
I have and I’d be happy to visit with you

I have and I’d be happy to visit with you
Thanks I now unfortunately have first hand experience and wont be repeating that mistake.

I also couldn’t help but notice you joined this forum today at 1:00 pm and 5 minutes later you commented on this thread and this thread only.

That really is a bad deal. I had the same thing happen but refused to let it ruin Africa for me. It is a buyer beware situation. I’m a heavy reference guy but that’s not foolproof. An agent at least gives you someone to speak with or air your grievances.
I have learned the following about Tanzania. The government charges very high fees to the outfitters. They must bring in and take out their camps every year so nothing is permanent nor are they guaranteed multiple years there. Based on these things reputable outfitters are going to and justifiably should charge a very high cost to hunt there. When you see a deal or a donated hunt I personally would not touch it for anything. SA or Zim, you bet…Tanzania no way. just me

I have learned the following about Tanzania. The government charges very high fees to the outfitters. They must bring in and take out their camps every year so nothing is permanent nor are they guaranteed multiple years there. Based on these things reputable outfitters are going to and justifiably should charge a very high cost to hunt there. When you see a deal or a donated hunt I personally would not touch it for anything. SA or Zim, you bet…Tanzania no way. just me
They sign contracts for areas and leave their camps in place in Tanzania like elsewhere. The season is year round post Covid. Not sure where your information came from. The area I’ll hunt next year is under a 10 year lease until 2033.

They sign contracts for areas and leave their camps in place in Tanzania like elsewhere. The season is year round post Covid. Not sure where your information came from. The area I’ll hunt next year is under a 10 year lease until 2033.
I wanted to hunt there in the future 25 and beyond. I googled Tanzania government sponsored hunting areas and found my information. Also in two of my latest African books I read of what can take place in the country. Given I am a researcher as my job in life it steered me to look only at reputable outfitters in the country. I have no doubt you are referencing a reputable outfitter not some fly by night outfitter…I think you missed my point. If an outfitter can secure a 10 year lease and has a permanent camp I would feel somewhat better

Actually @375Fox it makes me glad to hear you have a reputable outfitter who has multiple years of a permanent camp that you apparently are recommending. I look forward to your hunt report. I have wanted to hunt there given to me at least it represents “old Africa”. many thanks!!!

I hunted Tanzania in 2018 with Harprret Brar, in Maasailand - Lolkisale and Lobo. He's still there and I believe he's had those camps for some time. That was where I met Pano.

The hunt was fantastic. In 2019 I took my wife on a photo safari; Harpreet's photo lodges are spectacular.

Actually @375Fox it makes me glad to hear you have a reputable outfitter who has multiple years of a permanent camp that you apparently are recommending. I look forward to your hunt report. I have wanted to hunt there given to me at least it represents “old Africa”. many thanks!!!
May I ask who you recommend for Tanzania please? This sounds very good versus what my research showed. Call me nostalgic but Tanzania seems to be what Robert Rourak wrote about!!! I have great respect for @375Fox and others who have had a great experience!!!

Thanks I now unfortunately have first hand experience and wont be repeating that mistake.

I also couldn’t help but notice you joined this forum today at 1:00 pm and 5 minutes later you commented on this thread and this thread only.
Ya I had to join to comment .. it’s looking like a crappy situation don’t want to say much right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfjdjhfsx

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]