Tactical lever actions - what's the appeal?

cash_tx

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
To each their own, but the whole tactical lever action trend just makes no sense to me. What's the draw? Are they just great fun to shoot or what? From a practical standpoint, why not just use an AR platform?

20240722_154122.jpg

Might be a little overboard but the removable clip would allow leveractions to use a more variety of bullet styles, open its use in moore calibers, optics, and easier and quicker reloading.

IMO, I'll stick with the nostalgia concept of the original style saddle gun leveractions.

I'm trying to picture myself cycling that lever 30 times in a row.

Let's just say not as fast as a semi auto. But the follow up shots would allow for better accuracy.

Or perhaps a little extra metal, you know a collapsible burr on the lever just in front of the trigger, as in the TV western series The Rifleman.

I keep a 45-70 lever gun as a camp and fishing gun.
I keep a TLR1 on the gun for helping me see what goes bump in the night. I also have a red dot optic on the rifle. I find the tactical features handy. My rifle has a wood stock and I just added what I needed for function.
If I was buying a new rifle I’d probably just buy a tactical version and be done with it.

They are just plain fun! My brother has one he calls the space cowboy in .357 mag. He put a suppressor on it and shoots .38 special subsonics out of it. Literally everyone on the range giggles shooting it. We even slapped a IR laser on it and shot it with night vision on. So much fun. Would probably make a fun hog gun too.

Then again I appreciate all guns mostly. Everything from AR-15s and carbon fiber to classic walnut and blued steel all have a place in my house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AimeeHarcu

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's