Suppressor wait times!

Wyfox

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
If you're on the fence about buying a suppressor because of wait times now is the time.

Bought a Thunderbeast on July 3rd through local dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk.
Certified- July 6th
Approved- July 10th

So it took less than 4 days for approval once paperwork was submitted to the ATF. Dealer stated they've had a few come back in 24 hours! My first can about 10 years ago took 18 months to get approved...

I had heard it was court ordered that they be approved quicker now. Not sure on the truth to that, but they certainly used to drag their feet.

I purchased at the great American outdoors show in February and received mine last week from silencer central. Trusts are about 49 days and individual purchases are going in 24 hours. Pretty amazing! The owner of silencer central was on a podcast I listened to and he was saying the guy in charge of ATF has worked hard to streamline! Hard to imagine govt being efficient!!!

It took only 5 days after the e-file went to ATF to be approved. Picked up a .375 Bowers Group suppressor last week.

Lucky duck. I currently have six that have been certified. Still waiting. Two were over 2 months ago.

1720663154961.png

Lucky duck. I currently have six that have been certified. Still waiting. Two were over 2 months ago.
I heard that the Trusts are taking longer. My previous cans were Trusts, but I was the only one listed. They took months. This was an Individual.

The single shot trust from silencershop is submitted as an individual. I have both single shots and individuals out right now.

I just had one approved (trust) that was purchased in February. I have 2 more from the same time frame that should be done soon. One is as a .458 primal that I plan to put on a 9.3x62. I suspect that it might become my favorite.

Good to know wait times are down. I’m covered on the basics at this point, so I’m pretty much just looking for deals now.

Good to know wait times are down. I’m covered on the basics at this point, so I’m pretty much just looking for deals now.
How does one know what a deal is now? With suppressors at a low cost in other countries, it seems we are paying 2-4x their price. I’ve heard it said that the product design now is much better. Hard to know.

What metrics are you using to help find deals? What reliable sources? I’ll welcome any guidance! (I need to read something during morning coffee)

How does one know what a deal is now? With suppressors at a low cost in other countries, it seems we are paying 2-4x their price. I’ve heard it said that the product design now is much better. Hard to know.

What metrics are you using to help find deals? What reliable sources? I’ll welcome any guidance! (I need to read something during morning coffee)
It’s hard to say really. My last purchases were KGM. They make great suppressors, but decided to stop direct to consumer sales. They have government contracts and they manufacture for other brands, but did away with their own consumer line. I picked up 2 for around half of what they were selling for.

Every now and again silencer shop will have something on sale or offers a free tax stamp.

You are right about the comparative price. I picked up a great suppressor in South Africa for like 400 bucks. It’s a Swedish brand. Great quality and design. I left it with my outfitter for future trips.

Tuesday this week I electronically submitted two individual Form 4’s and just received one back approved. Less than 48 hours for one. Hopefully I’ll hear back on the other one today.

I did the electronic four 4 trust...and I'm still waiting some 4 months later. LOL

My last approval took 53 weeks.

I have another in the waiting period now for 31 days. We'll see...

Update on earlier post. Just received notice my 2nd one that was e-filed at the same time was approved.

My son has gotten two recently.

Now, is the time to strike. Wait time is now very short.

He got both of his as an individual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerleneRus

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt