Stripers - SF Bay

Nice lingcod, love catching those down here in socal and Mexico waters. Those things are great eating. Just finished all my fish from my 10 day trip and need to get out there again next year.

Been a while since my last long range trip… What boat were you on? I was at Coronados a couple mounts ago. Good yellow tail bite.

IMG_2577.jpeg

IMG_1678.jpeg

I either take the excel or intrepid out of San Diego. Both great boats for long range. I got this toad 209lbs with the Pacific queen in Coronado.
GPTempDownload.jpeg

NIGHTHAWK, I think it’s great that you’re getting out there on your boat. What I really wanted to do this year but missed the window was shallow water Lings and rockfish on the Marin coast. Live bait Lings in 30 feet of water are good fun and damn good eating, as you know.

NIGHTHAWK, I think it’s great that you’re getting out there on your boat. What I really wanted to do this year but missed the window was shallow water Lings and rockfish on the Marin coast. Live bait Lings in 30 feet of water are good fun and damn good eating, as you know.

You bet. Missed that opportunity myself, although yesterday we caught about 14" Ling right at Racoon Straights. We are also looking to get out for Albacore if they show in numbers outside the gate or a Bluefin...

You bet. Missed that opportunity myself, although yesterday we caught about 14" Ling right at Racoon Straights. We are also looking to get out for Albacore if they show in numbers outside the gate or a Bluefin...
I’m pretty sure this has been the best bluefin fishing outside The Gate in decades, maybe ever. I know one guy who caught a 248 and another that got a 175. The albies seemed to be gone almost as soon as they showed up. It seems like they’ve been way more consistent farther north.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KermitY58

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia