Stewart Granger - Wesley Richards aficionado

And here is the movie that story say he got a safari as part of deal since he had retired from acting .
One of my favorite Military movies.

Having done several thousand High Altitude Freefall jumps, I can tell you that NOBODY is going to 25,000ft, depressurizing the aircraft, and doing a parachute jump without oxygen. Other than that, the jump scene was outstanding for it's day.

I have an original theater poster ( full size) of Harry Black and the Tiger, plus a small reprint of King Solomon's Mines in my man cave. Also, is his autograph, in fountain pen, from 1960. I told my visiting mother that she would get this room to use, so in effect she would sleep with Stewart Granger, she allowed as that would be just fine! One of my all time favorite actors!

If I had started that sixty years ago today when I was first old enough to hunt, my Springfield 03A3 would be almost gold plated with inlays. Best to keep good photos and write/record the story for each. A blob of metal pushed into the stock really doesn't tell any story.

After a long stalk I got the drop on this buck. He wouldn't stop doinking a yearling fawn and mama had spotted me. So I shot him on top of the doe. Through the heart, knocked him off, and he never got up. Sent him to heaven with a smile on his face. I shot the bull elk in the back of the head going away at 70 yards. Tied him up to gut him then dragged him or road him down the mountain 1.5 miles ... by myself. Those are stories that you won't read in a rifle stock.
View attachment 638633
Dude, you are beyond fuckin’ weird. What the actual f¥ck?….

I think read before that the elephant charge at the beginning of king Solomons mines is for real
Yes maybe. Read about the incident in “White Hunter Golden age of African Safaris “.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KraigHanna

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia