Sterling Davenport Rifle For Sale

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but as I am a custom rifle guy and own many. Most of you know me here trading high end stuff. I see Chris275 is a New Member, and I am very familiar with Sterling Davenport guns as they are affiliated with the American Gun Guild. So, no question on quality.

But after reviewing your pictures you are displaying 2 different guns.

1st photos in the string is a different rifle than the last photos.

- The Bridge on the 1st photos looks machined to accept Sako style rings, Tapered dovetail with center lug in the front base.

- Second set of photos show EAW German swing mounts (Which clearly would not work on a bridged mount, only Recknagels would. And the action is rounded not bridged.

- Third - The Recoil pads are completely different, 1st photos show an English rounded Pachmayer pad and second photos show decelerator.

- Lastly - the checkering on the grip is completely different from the 1st pics to the second. Second pics show a 3-panel checkering on the grip sweeping round, 1st pics show wrap around checkering sweeping back sharp. Plus, the wood grain is completely different on the stocks.

So maybe you accidentally put 2 different guns on, or maybe you could be a scammer since your new.. I think you owe the forum followers and explanation. Hopefully it is just a mistake..

Either way, Buyers need to perform their due diligence on this one.
Good afternoon,
To clear this up. The first series of photos (with the red backdrop) is the rifle I am selling. The second series is from member RR314 showing his fine Davenport rifle. I apologize for the confusion. I am new here but come with the utmost respect and would never try to deceive anyone. I would happily post more pictures if anyone would like.
Respectfully,
Chris

Ok, I hope you understand there has been a tremendous amount of scammers on here over the past year, and I had to call what I had seen. However the photos were in your original post, thread.

Good Luck

Ok, I hope you understand there has been a tremendous amount of scammers on here over the past year, and I had to call what I had seen. However the photos were in your original post, thread.

Good Luck
I completely understand, no hard feelings here. I am a cautious buyer/seller myself and am pleased to see someone call out what they think is BS. Especially when it’s in the interest of protecting others. I have no ill intentions and am thankful for finding this forum. If anyone has questions regarding this sale, I’d be happy to pm you my phone number to discuss.
Respectfully,
Chris
Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZemfirkaHab

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]