Springer Spaniel Puppies

Reactions: WAB
If I didn't have a red male reserved from an upcoming litter from Ryglen Gundogs I would have been tempted.

Here is the sire.
billy-2022-1.jpg

and dam.
RGDMARCH-122-683x1024.jpg

Gorgeous dogs and you should get a great dog from that breeding.

The best hunting dog I have owned or ever been around (I'm on dogs #6 & 7 now) was half Lab and half golden. Ethyl just looked like a small black Lab. She was a guided missile at all times. People who didn't like dogs loved Ethyl. $35. Wish I could find some of that bloodline again. My late wife always said she married me for my dog and my dad. It was always tough playing second fiddle behind those two!

Second fiddle to a dog is not bad.

Gorgeous dogs and you should get a great dog from that breeding.
Thanks, I am hoping. Both the sire and dam were past winners of field trials in Scotland and England. It will be fun to train him.

I apologize for a rabbit hole in your thread-have you ever read the story “Robin” by Jim Corbett about his beloved “spaniel

Rabbit hole?! You sent me down one for sure. Had to read that chapter come hell or high water.
It took some mighty search skills but I found an online version.

https://archive.org/details/maneatersofkumao029903mbp

Buying a Springer for a few Rupees and then converting him to a dangerous game dog due to health issues. Interesting chapter.
I had a Springer who stood his ground with me against a Black bear. He stayed with me while the stupid Collie with the group decided to harass the bear. If I'd have been armed I might have assisted the bear.

Thanks for the heads up on an interesting read.

Maneaters of kumaon is good-I should have told you to look for a copy of the compilation book “Cold Noses and Warm Hearts” which is cheap on Amazon. It includes the aforementioned story and many others a dog lover will enjoy. I apologize for not providing this reference earlier, I don’t know why I didn’t other than I know you enjoy doing research

If it’s out there I will find it.

WOW! BEAUTIFUL girl and a very handsome boy! One of my tightest hunting buddies has always had a springer girl since we were teens and ive always had a Yellow lab girl. Every one of the dogs have hunted together of course and have been the best of hunting buds. We both sadly lost our long time girl friends in the last yr or so. His Springer Foxy was 15 and my yellow girl Lena was 16. He has a pup and the come or id grab one for him for sure! I also have another yellow girl on the way up but they both have HUGE shoes to fill.

WOW! Looked at the pics again and they are truly a fantastic pair...cant wait to see the pups. The jet black and liver are going to kick out some great colors/patterns ill bet!

To the top for a great looking soon to be ma and pa!

Somebody was unwilling to wait the "prescribed" time.
He showed up at 21:45
....... we await the rest of the herd. I sense a looooong night.

Wynn Duma Pup.png

These puppies are growing like weeds. They are starting to quarter the whelping box.
Mom is having a hard time escaping them.

IMG_8762.jpeg

Having a dog to hunt with is one of those unfulfilled dreams I have. I am jealous of those of you who have such fine companions, and the knowledge to keep them happy. Well done.

Having a dog to hunt with is one of those unfulfilled dreams I have. I am jealous of those of you who have such fine companions, and the knowledge to keep them happy. Well done.
Get a Lab. No knowledge needed. They come ready to go out of the chute. Not to "disparage" Springers. It's a close run thing with those two breeds.

Good looking dogs and pups @BRICKBURN

My springer is 3yo and we have two other dogs or I’d be sending you a message.

Picture of my dog training a few nights ago. Hard to beat a springer!

IMG_5212.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
We hunted over Springers on our last pheasant hunt and they performed fantastic.

We have Goldens here in Tennessee. Our female is in heat right now to the point she is trying to teach our younger male (not related) the technique lol

Perfect Grouse dog for your Moose swamp.
There are plenty of folks I can get you in touch with down your way that can help get you educated.
Let me know. :)

Good looking dogs and pups @BRICKBURN

My springer is 3yo and we have two other dogs or I’d be sending you a message.

Picture of my dog training a few nights ago. Hard to beat a springer!
Guys who love their Spaniels do love them.
Glad you are having fun with your dogs.
Cheers.

We hunted over Springers on our last pheasant hunt and they performed fantastic.

We have Goldens here in Tennessee. Our female is in heat right now to the point she is trying to teach our younger male (not related) the technique lol

They are #1 Pheasant dogs.

Good luck with the remedial education class at your house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NQOWendi88

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles