Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I'm pretty new here.... ok, not so much.

There have been quite a few spaniel lovers on AH over the years so here goes.

I am having a litter of Field Bred Springer Spaniels shortly (July 17, 2024).

Pictures of Dad and Mom.

If you know anyone who is looking for a puppy let me know or let them know to contact me.
Obviously, in the US and Canada.

Duma National Am 2022.jpg

wynn.jpg

Last edited:
check his IP address... sounds too good to be true. not sure he has ever sold anything on here before...

Not sure how a member actually has puppies… I guess I’m too old and not woke enough to understand the new biology!

On a serious note, those look like stellar dogs!

Springers are fun breed even if you don't hunt them. But they do need attention.

In my mind pointing breeds are greatly overrated. Flushing dogs like springers that work close are more fun. Most pointers simply range too far for the kind of hunting I do. I'm not into listening to a beeper going off in the next zipcode. Late season birds also don't hold for long range pointers. My Lab is the best of both worlds. She works very close AND is a dynamite pointer. Deadly. And she is also an unbelievable retriever in impenetrable cover. We can wade into head high cattails a half mile deep and very rarely lose a rooster. Amazing. I do not know how she finds them. It's a mystery.

Both my Lab and Fr Britt are getting long in the tooth (nine and thirteen). For years I had three hunting dogs and the thought of picking up a replacement pup is inviting. But I'll be 72 soon. Time to prepare for checkout. Sadly, I think I better pass. Lovely looking dog. Some folks are headed for memorable adventures. I am happy for them.

Those Dokkins retrieving dummies are cool training tools. One drawback is they will get waterlogged and then stink terribly of mildew. Dogs don't care but my wife made me hang it in the garage. I think it's still out there somewhere. Almost made me gag just driving a mile to the lake with that stinky thing in the car. :D

Beautiful head on the one with the trainer in its mouth (the dam?) not currently in the market but springers are excellent for my style of hunting. Good luck with the pups

Beautiful head on the one with the trainer in its mouth (the dam?) not currently in the market but springers are excellent for my style of hunting. Good luck with the pups
The one in the background must have pointer in bloodline. It is locked up hard as stone. :D

The liver one is the dam. She is a sweety.
Thanks

The one in the background must have pointer in bloodline. It is locked up hard as stone. :D

He is steady waiting for a gunner to drop the pheasant he flushed. Just waiting for the word to make the retrieve.
No pointing in these guys :)

Sounds like an interesting read. I’ll have to track it down.

The puppies are running circles inside mom while impatiently waiting for the starting gun.

Dad is chilling on the front porch this morning.

IMG_8652.jpeg

Buying a dog as a Pet is much different then buying a dog you intend to hunt. Maybe for those that want a Pet that can also hunt - it doesn’t matter but well bred pups from proven hunting lines are often reserved well in advance of the birth of the litter. Parents have titles in their pedigree and one or both parents are also titled, as important - extensive genetic testing has been done on both parents before they were approved for breeding. It’s why well bred pups cost $1500 to $4000. This does Not mean that you cannot get a good - even great - hunting dog from unknown breeders but it is taking more of a chance.

These look like truly fine dogs!

Buying a dog as a Pet is much different then buying a dog you intend to hunt. Maybe for those that want a Pet that can also hunt - it doesn’t matter but well bred pups from proven hunting lines are often reserved well in advance of the birth of the litter. Parents have titles in their pedigree and one or both parents are also titled, as important - extensive genetic testing has been done on both parents before they were approved for breeding. It’s why well bred pups cost $1500 to $4000. This does Not mean that you cannot get a good - even great - hunting dog from unknown breeders but it is taking more of a chance.

A lot of good information in your post.

To some titles matter a great deal and to others, not so much.
The pedigrees on these two Springers have champion field trial dogs and multiple national champions and high point dogs in the nation.
Of course a reputable breeder has the dogs health tested.
As this litter is from a young bitch the price range you note is in line. In Canadian and USD.
For another of my females the price range is low. It's like comparing a good riding horse or a race horse. Most people do not need a race horse.

Interestingly, I have never, in thirty five years, had a reservation list. Too many people place their names on lists and back out. Life happens.

This thread was an attempt to reach out to new people who might be interested in a great hunting dog that will be more than happy to be with the family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KelliJusti

Latest profile posts

We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here