Spring Safari Yard Sale

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Well, I'm almost moved into the new house. Grateful that many of you are now enjoying the things I owned that wouldn't fit into the new house or gunsmithing workshop. Below is anything that didn't sell previously, now reduced, or other odds and ends that I keep finding in moving boxes. (P.S. NEVER move. Its been 18 months and I'm still not unpacked)

If any of you are driving along I94 near the Twin Cities, stop in for a bourbon, wet a fly line, or feel free to talk safaris!

Without further ado, here are the details:

Shipping info: I'll ship via FedEx ground in the lower-48 states. I'll combine shipping on items as best I can to keep prices manageable. Ammo must ship ORM-D which incurs a surcharge. Minimum Fedex charge is $17, but usually we can fit quite a lot of stuff into their minimums. Please don't ask me to ship ammo in a sneak and illegal way, it's $25 to ship ammo between the ORM-D charge and the FedEx charge.

Payment: via Paypal F&F, Venmo, Zelle, Chase Bill Pay, or reluctantly by a personal check.

These are quite rare. Çourteney Selous Safari Boots in women's/youth size UK 4.5 which converts to US mens/youth size 5.5 or US women's size 6.5! This their best quality and most expensive boot, and they no longer make them in this size or the subsequent size! Retailed by Westley Richards with the corresponding label to make them extra proper! $140 and free shipping.
IMG_0446.jpg
IMG_0447.JPG

Next up is same as the last, but a half size bigger, size UK 5 which translates to US Men's/Youth 6 and US Women's size 7. Missing one top eyelet (I may find a replacement eyelet, but no guarantee if I can find it) As such, reduced to $110 and free shipping.
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg

Rare antique 12 bore shotgun shell box, partial 2/3 full with original wax paper shells. Great man cave display item that I've seen sell for $75-$125 at gun shows. $25 plus free shipping if combined with another reasonably priced item, otherwise $40 delivered. (the shipping and ORM-D is going to cost me $25)

1712524846917.png

Gun room or gun case accessories. Set of three snap caps .410, 28, and 20 gauge for $30 plus free shipping if combined with another item. Vintage English 12 bore mop and brush, new old stock $25 and free shipping if combined. Rifle or shotgun case leather accessory pouch, $10 plus free shipping if combined with another item.

1712524922093.png

Southwest / Native American pillow made of deerskin, hand painted with the raptors of North America's feathers. (red tailed hawk, golden eagle, prairie falcon, merlin falcon, and snowy owl) The decor of our home doesn't coordinate, so I'll sell it for a bargain of $55 and free shipping.

1712524965761.png

Two copies of the deluxe edition, numbered edition of Blood Knot by Pete Fromm in their slip cases. I've seen these offered for as much as $1100 each on "the famous book site". I purchased these via my support for the American Museum of Fly Fishing. The trade editions have sold for several hundred dollars and these are the limited deluxe edition. I'll take $100 each and free shipping. Also an antique fishing creel I bought in the mountains of Vermont. Perfect man cave or office decor for only $50 and free shipping.
1712525006226.png

Ammo!

Collectible man-cave ammo! The 8 boxes on top are full. The 7 boxes on bottom are partials or empties. Really nice vintage ammo boxes that will look great in a display case or on your desk. $70 and free shipping.

1712525074973.png

A very beautiful rare book. "Sport With Gun And Rod" by Alfred M. Mayer. Gold leaf binding, leather cover. A substantial book 2.5" thick. Loads of inset prints with paper coverings on them throughout the book. Perfect condition copies are on abebooks for $1500 and up. This one has a tattered spine and a loose front cover. It could use a reconditioning, or just enjoy it for the internally beautiful work it is. $135 and free shipping.

1712525118181.png

1712525133025.png

Bismuth/Steel Duplex Hevi Metal 12 gauge 3" shotgun loads. 3 boxes of BB and 2 boxes of #2 available. Very hard to find! $25 per box plus shipping.

IMG_0470 2.JPG

Turkey Loads! 6 boxes available of 12 gauge 3" #5 shot, 1-3/4 ounce Winchester Long Beard XR. Tested as one of the very best turkey loads you can buy. Pretty hard to find heading into Turkey season! Boxes are ten shells. $25 per box plus shipping.

IMG_0471.JPG

The most accurate slug ever made. The Remington 20 gauge 260gr accutip. Part Number PRA20M. This stuff is very hard to find and provides rifle level accuracy out of rifled slug barrels. 12 boxes available. $25 per box plus shipping. Free shipping if you buy all 12.

IMG_0472.JPG

Here's something made of unobtainium! Hevishot bismuth Turkey Loads! 12 bore, 3". This will stop a Turkey like no other option. Sadly, due to massive increases in Bismuth prices, you cannot find this stuff anymore. $40 for a box of ten. Plus shipping.
IMG_0473.JPG

8 rounds of 7x57R ammo. RWS European loads. $10 when combined with another item.
IMG_0474.JPG

221 Fireball. 15 rounds. $10 when combined with another item.
IMG_0475.JPG

4 boxes of 243 Low-Recoil hunting ammo. This stuff is great for getting a youth or woman their first deer/antelope. Very mild recoil. My daughter killed a Red Hind and many deer with these, and a black bear. She's a teenager now and doesn't need them. $35 a box and free shipping if you buy all four.
IMG_0476.JPG

2 Boxes of 20 rounds each, 375 H&H w/ 300gr Nosler Accubond factory loads. $160 shipped for the two boxes.

IMG_0477.JPG

Federal 375H&H 250gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw! Great stuff for plains game, leopards, and lions! No longer made. $100 plus shipping.

IMG_0478 2.JPG

This is a very special fly rod and reel package. It's an Orvis Salmon Two-Hand Rod made of Tonkin Cane, including its original sock and tube. It was maintained and conserved after the last time I used it. It's paired with a beautiful Hardy Bougle, Alnwick England 4" Salmon Reel and a perfectly tuned shooting head w/ running line. It's set up for Spey Casting and boy is it an amazing setup. According to the Orvis historical database, they made between 20-30 of these rods in the history of the company. It's literally the rarest rod they ever made by my cursory look at their ledgers. I fished this setup on the Miramichi river in New Brunswick for Atlantic Salmon on the last fishing trip I took with my friend and mentor before his untimely passing. It's literally fished Ted William's camp and his runs and has a lot of great history. $2150 for the rod/reel setup and free shipping. I promise you you'll be blown away by the responsiveness of this rod for spey casting salmon and steelhead. It's the orvis impregnated cane so it is far more durable than your typical cane salmon rod.
IMG_0480 2.JPG
IMG_0481 2.JPG
IMG_0482 2.JPG
IMG_0483 2.JPG

Cases:

A Mid-century American all leather hard case. Suitable For target or hunting shotguns with long barrels. Handle needs repair. Otherwise a dandy. (I may have a spare leather handle if someone was inclined to do a repair themselves)
$265 and free shipping. (Bottom Left)
A leather ostrich covered shotgun/rifle case. (Can't honestly tell, hence the price reflects my own uncertainty as to whether embossed leather or real ostrich) $150 and free shipping. (2nd from bottom Left)
A new old stock, circa 1961 English Made Brady case for a 28 bore or petite SxS double rifle. Purple baize lined. Stunning piece. $750 and free shipping. (Top Left)
A turn of the 19th century lightweight safari case. Suitable for a hammer rifle, hammer shotgun, or boxlock double rifle. Needs straps, handle, and the interior is stripped so it will need to be rebuilt. Selling it for the value of the original english lock. Perfect for a period correct gun. $225 and free shipping. (2nd from Top, Right)

A nice leg-o-mutton case for 12 or 20 bore, or combination gun or drilling. $120 and free shipping. (2nd from bottom, Right)
A super, super rare English Rook Rifle case. Mortimer maker's label inside. Nice condition for an 1890s case. $750 and free shipping. (bottom case, right)

IMG_0445.JPG

Here's one for the I'm too fat and out of shape for this anymore. A really nice "Underwater hunter" scuba technical rig. I used it for Spiny Lobster Fishing and Spearfishing. It was the absolute best money could buy when I got it. efore moving to the area a year ago, I had it fully Serviced by Chicagoland Scuba. Genesis Recon Buoyancy Device with quick release weight belt included, and technical knife, and flashlight. It also includes an integrated octopus rather than having one dangling around. It's a technical BCD that has the air bladder on the back for more comfortable diving. Size is XXL is adjustable, able to fit 6' to 6'10" men from 200lbs to 300lbs. Dacor Viper America Regulator, Aeris 500AI dive computer and compassOceanic Vortex V12 Fins for mens size 12-15Scubapro Air2 Octopus Secondary RegulatorNew and unused Oceanic snorkelGenesis Scuba MaskExtras include travel case/backpack, mask case, mask defogger, etc. Happy hunting! $750 plus actual shipping.
1712528131260.png

1712528143072.png

1712528153324.png

1712528164607.png

1712528173281.png

1712528181300.png

1712528189823.png

1712528198221.png

1712528206618.png

Not Pictured. I have a Dakota Model 10 barrel made by Douglas for Dakota. It's in 260 Remington. $100 plus shipping if anyone wants a spare. (I think they run $800-$1100 new?)

Just curious, what twist rate is the Dakota barrel? Might be a candidate for boring out if .260 isn’t an ideal chambering.
Glad the move is…going…

Just curious, what twist rate is the Dakota barrel? Might be a candidate for boring out if .260 isn’t an ideal chambering.
Glad the move is…going…

No idea what the twist rate is, but I'm sure its whatever is "standard" for 260 Rem. I didn't bother to check what would clean up, but of course a 6.5x55 would be ideal if the chamber can clean up to that without a rebore. For $100, I let the next guy figure it all out.

Can you shop those Winchester turkey loads to the UK? Just wrap them in the shoe boxes and mark them down as safari boots

Can you shop those Winchester turkey loads to the UK? Just wrap them in the shoe boxes and mark them down as safari boots

Sure. But there is a million dollar surcharge if you want me to commit international crimes in the process of selling you something. It offsets the risk/reward.

Lol.

I WILL TAKE THE 4 BOXES OF REDUCED RECOIL .243
PM ME YOUR ZELLE INFO.
PURA VIDA, SETH

Everything paid in full shipped this morning. All of you should have received FedEx tracking details via text, email, or PM. Thank you.

I never received payment or ship-to information from @wolfhunter for the .22lr ammo, so it was sold to the backup buyer.

The items remaining for sale are listed below:
Payment: via Paypal F&F, Venmo, Zelle, Chase Bill Pay, or reluctantly by a personal check.

These are quite rare. Çourteney Selous Safari Boots in women's/youth size UK 4.5 which converts to US mens/youth size 5.5 or US women's size 6.5! This their best quality and most expensive boot, and they no longer make them in this size or the subsequent size! Retailed by Westley Richards with the corresponding label to make them extra proper! $140 and free shipping.
View attachment 597930View attachment 597931

Next up is same as the last, but a half size bigger, size UK 5 which translates to US Men's/Youth 6 and US Women's size 7. Missing one top eyelet (I may find a replacement eyelet, but no guarantee if I can find it) As such, reduced to $110 and free shipping.View attachment 597932View attachment 597933

Rare antique 12 bore shotgun shell box, partial 2/3 full with original wax paper shells. Great man cave display item that I've seen sell for $75-$125 at gun shows. $25 plus free shipping if combined with another reasonably priced item, otherwise $40 delivered. (the shipping and ORM-D is going to cost me $25)

View attachment 597934

Gun room or gun case accessories. Set of three snap caps .410, 28, and 20 gauge for $30 plus free shipping if combined with another item. Vintage English 12 bore mop and brush, new old stock $25 and free shipping if combined. Rifle or shotgun case leather accessory pouch, $10 plus free shipping if combined with another item.

View attachment 597935

Southwest / Native American pillow made of deerskin, hand painted with the raptors of North America's feathers. (red tailed hawk, golden eagle, prairie falcon, merlin falcon, and snowy owl) The decor of our home doesn't coordinate, so I'll sell it for a bargain of $55 and free shipping.

View attachment 597936

Two copies of the deluxe edition, numbered edition of Blood Knot by Pete Fromm in their slip cases. I've seen these offered for as much as $1100 each on "the famous book site". I purchased these via my support for the American Museum of Fly Fishing. The trade editions have sold for several hundred dollars and these are the limited deluxe edition. I'll take $100 each and free shipping. Also an antique fishing creel I bought in the mountains of Vermont. Perfect man cave or office decor for only $50 and free shipping.
View attachment 597937

A very beautiful rare book. "Sport With Gun And Rod" by Alfred M. Mayer. Gold leaf binding, leather cover. A substantial book 2.5" thick. Loads of inset prints with paper coverings on them throughout the book. Perfect condition copies are on abebooks for $1500 and up. This one has a tattered spine and a loose front cover. It could use a reconditioning, or just enjoy it for the internally beautiful work it is. $135 and free shipping.

View attachment 597939
View attachment 597940

Bismuth/Steel Duplex Hevi Metal 12 gauge 3" shotgun loads. 3 boxes of BB and 2 boxes of #2 available. Very hard to find! $25 per box plus shipping.

View attachment 597941

Turkey Loads! 6 boxes available of 12 gauge 3" #5 shot, 1-3/4 ounce Winchester Long Beard XR. Tested as one of the very best turkey loads you can buy. Pretty hard to find heading into Turkey season! Boxes are ten shells. $25 per box plus shipping.

View attachment 597942

Here's something made of unobtainium! Hevishot bismuth Turkey Loads! 12 bore, 3". This will stop a Turkey like no other option. Sadly, due to massive increases in Bismuth prices, you cannot find this stuff anymore. $40 for a box of ten. Plus shipping.
View attachment 597944

2 Boxes of 20 rounds each, 375 H&H w/ 300gr Nosler Accubond factory loads. $160 shipped for the two boxes.

View attachment 597948

Federal 375H&H 250gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw! Great stuff for plains game, leopards, and lions! No longer made. $100 plus shipping.

View attachment 597949

This is a very special fly rod and reel package. It's an Orvis Salmon Two-Hand Rod made of Tonkin Cane, including its original sock and tube. It was maintained and conserved after the last time I used it. It's paired with a beautiful Hardy Bougle, Alnwick England 4" Salmon Reel and a perfectly tuned shooting head w/ running line. It's set up for Spey Casting and boy is it an amazing setup. According to the Orvis historical database, they made between 20-30 of these rods in the history of the company. It's literally the rarest rod they ever made by my cursory look at their ledgers. I fished this setup on the Miramichi river in New Brunswick for Atlantic Salmon on the last fishing trip I took with my friend and mentor before his untimely passing. It's literally fished Ted William's camp and his runs and has a lot of great history. $2150 for the rod/reel setup and free shipping. I promise you you'll be blown away by the responsiveness of this rod for spey casting salmon and steelhead. It's the orvis impregnated cane so it is far more durable than your typical cane salmon rod. View attachment 597952View attachment 597953View attachment 597954View attachment 597955

Cases:

A Mid-century American all leather hard case. Suitable For target or hunting shotguns with long barrels. Handle needs repair. Otherwise a dandy. (I may have a spare leather handle if someone was inclined to do a repair themselves)
A leather ostrich covered shotgun/rifle case. (Can't honestly tell, hence the price reflects my own uncertainty as to whether embossed leather or real ostrich) $150 and free shipping. (2nd from bottom Left)
A new old stock, circa 1961 English Made Brady case for a 28 bore or petite SxS double rifle. Purple baize lined. Stunning piece. $750 and free shipping. (Top Left)
A turn of the 19th century lightweight safari case. Suitable for a hammer rifle, hammer shotgun, or boxlock double rifle. Needs straps, handle, and the interior is stripped so it will need to be rebuilt. Selling it for the value of the original english lock. Perfect for a period correct gun. $225 and free shipping. (2nd from Top, Right)

A nice leg-o-mutton case for 12 or 20 bore, or combination gun or drilling. $120 and free shipping. (2nd from bottom, Right)
A super, super rare English Rook Rifle case. Mortimer maker's label inside. Nice condition for an 1890s case. $750 and free shipping. (bottom case, right)

View attachment 597960

Here's one for the I'm too fat and out of shape for this anymore. A really nice "Underwater hunter" scuba technical rig. I used it for Spiny Lobster Fishing and Spearfishing. It was the absolute best money could buy when I got it. efore moving to the area a year ago, I had it fully Serviced by Chicagoland Scuba. Genesis Recon Buoyancy Device with quick release weight belt included, and technical knife, and flashlight. It also includes an integrated octopus rather than having one dangling around. It's a technical BCD that has the air bladder on the back for more comfortable diving. Size is XXL is adjustable, able to fit 6' to 6'10" men from 200lbs to 300lbs. Dacor Viper America Regulator, Aeris 500AI dive computer and compassOceanic Vortex V12 Fins for mens size 12-15Scubapro Air2 Octopus Secondary RegulatorNew and unused Oceanic snorkelGenesis Scuba MaskExtras include travel case/backpack, mask case, mask defogger, etc. Happy hunting! $750 plus actual shipping.
View attachment 597962
View attachment 597963

View attachment 597964
View attachment 597965
View attachment 597966
View attachment 597967
View attachment 597968
View attachment 597969
View attachment 597970

I wish those Courtney's were in a men's size 9 or a ladies 8. don't think the boot stretcher will get them quite that big.

I'll take the 375 Accubond ammo.

What's left is summarized below:

Shipping info: I'll ship via FedEx ground in the lower-48 states. I'll combine shipping on items as best I can to keep prices manageable. Ammo must ship ORM-D which incurs a surcharge. Minimum Fedex charge is $17, but usually we can fit quite a lot of stuff into their minimums. Please don't ask me to ship ammo in a sneak and illegal way, it's $25 to ship ammo between the ORM-D charge and the FedEx charge.

Next up is same as the last, but a half size bigger, size UK 5 which translates to US Men's/Youth 6 and US Women's size 7. Missing one top eyelet (I may find a replacement eyelet, but no guarantee if I can find it) As such, reduced to $110 and free shipping.View attachment 597932View attachment 597933

View attachment 597934

View attachment 597935

View attachment 597936

View attachment 597937

View attachment 597939
View attachment 597940

View attachment 597941

View attachment 597942

View attachment 597944

View attachment 597949

This is a very special fly rod and reel package. It's an Orvis Salmon Two-Hand Rod made of Tonkin Cane, including its original sock and tube. It was maintained and conserved after the last time I used it. It's paired with a beautiful Hardy Bougle, Alnwick England 4" Salmon Reel and a perfectly tuned shooting head w/ running line. It's set up for Spey Casting and boy is it an amazing setup. According to the Orvis historical database, they made between 20-30 of these rods in the history of the company. It's literally the rarest rod they ever made by my cursory look at their ledgers. I fished this setup on the Miramichi river in New Brunswick for Atlantic Salmon on the last fishing trip I took with my friend and mentor before his untimely passing. It's literally fished Ted William's camp and his runs and has a lot of great history. $2150 for the rod/reel setup and free shipping. I promise you you'll be blown away by the responsiveness of this rod for spey casting salmon and steelhead. It's the orvis impregnated cane so it is far more durable than your typical cane salmon rod. View attachment 597952View attachment 597953View attachment 597954View attachment 597955

Cases:

View attachment 597960

View attachment 597962
View attachment 597963

View attachment 597964
View attachment 597965
View attachment 597966
View attachment 597967
View attachment 597968
View attachment 597969
View attachment 597970

Shipping is all caught up. Pickup via FedEx on Monday.

Lets reduce some prices and see if anyone else would like any of the items this weekend:

These are quite rare. Çourteney Selous Safari Boots in women's/youth size UK 4.5 which converts to US mens/youth size 5.5 or US women's size 6.5! This their best quality and most expensive boot, and they no longer make them in this size or the subsequent size! Retailed by Westley Richards with the corresponding label to make them extra proper! REDUCED $130 and free shipping.

Next up is same as the last, but a half size bigger, size UK 5 which translates to US Men's/Youth 6 and US Women's size 7. Missing one top eyelet (I may find a replacement eyelet, but no guarantee if I can find it) As such, reduced to REDUCED $100 and free shipping.View attachment 597932View attachment 597933

Rare antique 12 bore shotgun shell box, partial 2/3 full with original wax paper shells. Great man cave display item that I've seen sell for $75-$125 at gun shows. REDUCED $20 plus free shipping if combined with another reasonably priced item, otherwise $40 delivered. (the shipping and ORM-D is going to cost me $25)

View attachment 597934

View attachment 597935

Southwest / Native American pillow made of deerskin, hand painted with the raptors of North America's feathers. (red tailed hawk, golden eagle, prairie falcon, merlin falcon, and snowy owl) The decor of our home doesn't coordinate, so I'll sell it for a bargain of REDUCED $50 and free shipping.

View attachment 597936

View attachment 597937

A very beautiful rare book. "Sport With Gun And Rod" by Alfred M. Mayer. Gold leaf binding, leather cover. A substantial book 2.5" thick. Loads of inset prints with paper coverings on them throughout the book. Perfect condition copies are on abebooks for $1500 and up. This one has a tattered spine and a loose front cover. It could use a reconditioning, or just enjoy it for the internally beautiful work it is. REDUCED $115 and free shipping.

View attachment 597939
View attachment 597940

View attachment 597941

View attachment 597942

View attachment 597944

Federal 375H&H 250gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw! Great stuff for plains game, leopards, and lions! No longer made. REDUCED $100 and free shipping.

View attachment 597949

Cases:

View attachment 597960

Here's one for the I'm too fat and out of shape for this anymore. A really nice "Underwater hunter" scuba technical rig. I used it for Spiny Lobster Fishing and Spearfishing. It was the absolute best money could buy when I got it. efore moving to the area a year ago, I had it fully Serviced by Chicagoland Scuba. Genesis Recon Buoyancy Device with quick release weight belt included, and technical knife, and flashlight. It also includes an integrated octopus rather than having one dangling around. It's a technical BCD that has the air bladder on the back for more comfortable diving. Size is XXL is adjustable, able to fit 6' to 6'10" men from 200lbs to 300lbs. Dacor Viper America Regulator, Aeris 500AI dive computer and compassOceanic Vortex V12 Fins for mens size 12-15Scubapro Air2 Octopus Secondary RegulatorNew and unused Oceanic snorkelGenesis Scuba MaskExtras include travel case/backpack, mask case, mask defogger, etc. Happy hunting! REDUCED $700 plus actual shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwbybill

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.